Frankie would beat Melendez

Pretty sure the Ben Henderson we have seen in his last couple fights beats both of them, I dont think frankie will have the belt long enough to find out.

DeadheadD - Pretty sure the Ben Henderson we have seen in his last couple fights beats both of them, I dont think frankie will have the belt long enough to find out.

frankie has no chin, cause maynard knocked him out twice, right?

frankie's defense isn't great, maynard isn't exactly quick and doesn't have the best form yet he was able to land a big shot on frankie that rocked him badly. to say gilbert wouldn't be able to do that is silly.

bowlingforbehave - 
DeadheadD - Pretty sure the Ben Henderson we have seen in his last couple fights beats both of them, I dont think frankie will have the belt long enough to find out.

I never said bendo would knock him out, I said he would win the fight. I really think Benson has the better mma grappling, and is way stronger than frankie.

Edgar is way faster than either Gil or Jorge (based on what they showed tonight). he would outhustle them easily...

DeadheadD -
bowlingforbehave - 

I never said bendo would knock him out, I said he would win the fight. I really think Benson has the better mma grappling, and is way stronger than frankie.

Good post, I completely agree. Phone Post

Let's just see if Frankie gets past Bendo first..

Gil is at least as fast as maynard. Similar power. Gil has better cardio. Phone Post

" Frankie doesnt have the chin of Masvidal."

BJ couldn't hurt him in 50 minutes, and Edgar has never been stopped in 16 fights including against many of the best in the world.

After watching this fight I thought a couple things

1) why the fuck do sf fighters get ranked so high?

2) Gil did EXACTLY what gsp does and everyone flames gsp for it.

3) Gil should be happy he isn't going to the UFC. I'd bet guida would give him all he could handle. Phone Post

I agree, Edgar wins.

" Gil did EXACTLY what gsp does and everyone flames gsp for it. "

lol, how often does GSP throw hooks and uppercuts? How many jabs did Gil throw?

orcus -  " Gil did EXACTLY what gsp does and everyone flames gsp for it. "

lol, how often does GSP throw hooks and uppercuts? How many jabs did Gil throw?

What I ment was, Gil pointed tfat fight. How often did he risk the fight to go for the finish? He stuck to his fameplan 100% and did not take 1 risk tfat could have ended up in him getting finished. It reminded me of gsp vs kos.

Not saying its bad. I think the better fighter won. I'm just saying when someone else does it they get praised and gsp gets dissed. Phone Post

mma fans are retarded they just remember your last fight... after Gil destroyed Kawajiri everyone was saying he would destroy Edgar.

I believe Frankie's footwork would allow him to beat Gil.

Masvidal is actually a better boxer than Frankie, however he has a very different style. Not as much footwork based.

GageIsLegend - So masvidal takes Gilbert down with a single leg but Frankie won't take him down? Makes alot of sense.

One takedown doesn't mean shit man, come on. Gil was hardly expecting that and it led to nothing. Just as the man above said - it's like Kongo taking Cain down.
orcus - He took BJ Penn down multiple times in both fights and slammed Gray Maynard.

He did take them down, however he couldn't really hold them down very long. Frankie's got good takedowns but his size works against him when it comes to holding people down.

I think he could take Gil down, but I don't think he could hold Gil down for very long at all.

That said, I do think he'd outbox Gil. But I didn't expect Gil to outbox Jorge so perhaps I'm underestimating Gil's striking (I have to admit, I regularly underrate Gil).

But Frankie might not even be champ. Actually I think Gil-Bendo is a more exciting matchup than Frankie-Gil.
Farewell BJ - Not saying its bad. I think the better fighter won. I'm just saying when someone else does it they get praised and gsp gets dissed.

Odd thing to say because most people are dissing this fight. It really was kind of a lame, repetitive fight so I understand why people didn't like it. I don't see anyone praising Gil for putting on an exciting performance, so your comparison doesn't make any sense.

It still blows my mind how much the ug ( majority) still underestimate Edgar. Phone Post

Gil beats edgar. He is to big and and frankie is a better matchup then his fight tonight was. I really think what makes gil so good which we didn't see tonight is his very fast wrestling which he didn't use because of the dangerous knees that could end the fight very fast if he got caught. Gils wrestling transitions and power will negate frankies speed and movement. Phone Post

Farewell BJ -3) Gil should be happy he isn't going to the UFC. I'd bet guida would give him all he could handle.

yeah it's not like they haven't fought yet.

MiddleEasy 

Gilbert Melendez says Jorge Masvidal would clown a lot of guys in the UFC lightweight division.

I would actually rather see melendez vs Aldo .. That would be such a great matchup Phone Post