Frankie - You are a legend!

Frankie, just wanna say keep your head up. You’re one of the GOATs. You didn’t have to take the Ortega fight but you did and went after it as you always do. You really got some bad hands in the last few years in not being able to get your shot again.

But the real fans know how great you are, what you accomplished. Its crazy how under sized you were again tonight at FW, nevermind LW. And you’re 36? You put in a lot of great work.

Hats off.

Incredible career fighting in the UFC for over 10 years. He has always been one of the best no matter what division he has been in. I hope he drops down for 1 last run at 135lbs.

Agreed but I don't think Frankie isn't done by any means, I could still see him him taking the 145 or 135 title.

Favorite fighter

thetouchofdeath - 

Agreed but I don't think Frankie isn't done by any means, I could still see him him taking the 145 or 135 title.

Like Aldo, they can still prob beat the rest of the div short of Holloway and Ortega but clear their best days are behind them and they aren’t where always were - at the top of the div.

total legend. He’ll be back. Don’t write Edgar off yet.

I don’t think he’s done but I think he’s proven all he can. The most recent title hunt/shot was everything and it was littered with hurdles.

Wasa-B - 
thetouchofdeath - 

Like Aldo, they can still prob beat the rest of the div short of Holloway and Ortega but clear their best days are behind them and they aren’t where always were - at the top of the div.

Another change of the garv. Still an Aldo and Edgar fan and maybe on their best night they still have a ton of skill, ability and experience to beat those two…but it’d be incredibly tough.

Wasa-B -
thetouchofdeath - 

You’re probably right but just because Ortega beat Frankie doesn’t mean Max or TJ will. I see Frankie stringing together a good win streak and challenging for one of those belts soon.

That dude has nothing left to prove to anybody and nothing to be ashamed of. I have nothing but respect for him.

Favorite fighter of all time, my soul hurts a little bit right now but Frankie isn't done. I would love to see him give 135 a go before he hangs them up. Future HoF'er no matter what happens from this point, imo. 

a fkn LEGEND.

thetouchofdeath - 
Wasa-B -
thetouchofdeath - 

You’re probably right but just because Ortega beat Frankie doesn’t mean Max or TJ will. I see Frankie stringing together a good win streak and challenging for one of those belts soon.

Sure. Styles make fights for sure. And Max, Aldo, Frankie, Brian are all diff styles. But Frankie like Aldo has been at the top for so long and Aldo took a beating in his last 2 against Max. Edgar took his share of damage over his career and is 36. Skill wise he’s still there but after tonight, have to see where he is physically. He was out on his feet before that uppercut, the poor bastard. Sick fucking elbow from Ortega though. Guy just looks so unathletic appearance wise and even the way he moves but is so calm and deceptively skilled.

The fact that he didn’t sit out to wait for his title shot after all he had to go thru at his age even to get his most recent shot says everything.

He was really undersized at 155 but overachieved.  Ran into Aldo 2 times and that stopped him from being champ.  I think he would have been a bad match up for Holloway but I doubt he gets a title shot.  Great career

Signed... Frankie keep your head up bro! You have a ton of fans, and you are and will always  be one of my favorite fighters to ever put on the gloves... RESPECT! Looking forward to your next fight..

Can't wait to see him again 

Tim Duncan - 

He was really undersized at 155 but overachieved.  Ran into Aldo 2 times and that stopped him from being champ.  I think he would have been a bad match up for Holloway but I doubt he gets a title shot.  Great career

Yeah, styles make fights. Holloway being the boss that he is still does not have 1 shot kill power and is not the BJJ guy that Ortega is.

thetouchofdeath -
Wasa-B -
thetouchofdeath - 

I think he has a shot at beating Ortega if they fought again. If that elbow didn’t land Frankie wins that round. Ortega wasn’t exactly having his way with Frankie. 

redruM14 -
thetouchofdeath -
Wasa-B -
thetouchofdeath - 

I think he has a shot at beating Ortega if they fought again. If that elbow didn’t land Frankie wins that round. Ortega wasn’t exactly having his way with Frankie. 

He figured out Frankie’s rhythm and realized Frankie couldn’t hurt him. He timed that elbow perfectly and caught him. I think he would beat him in similar fashion if they fought again. 

This is coming from an Edgar fan.