Franklin to Fight MacDonald at UFC

Former UFC middleweight champion Rich Franklin (Pictures) will return to action for the first time since losing his belt to Anderson Silva when he faces quickly-rising middleweight contender Jason MacDonald (Pictures), March 3 in Columbus, Ohio, Sherdog.com confirmed on Friday.

MacDonald's manager, Mark Pavelich of Pro Camp Sports Management, informed Sherdog.com that MacDonald was offered to fight Franklin on the UFC 68 card several days after the Canadian's sophomore appearance in the Octagon, where he defeated Chris Leben (Pictures) by modified guillotine choke.

UFC matchmaker Joe Silva was so impressed with MacDonald's performance, said Pavelich, that on top of the Franklin offer, he agreed to a signing bonus and a new four-fight contract.

RIP Jason MacDonald...Damn...What a waste, he was on a role there.

Oh well.

Welcome back Rich.

Good fight to lay some money on, even though Rich will be a big favorite.

"it will be closer than you think. but Rich will be out for redemption"

Normally I don't count a tough guy like Macdonald out but this one won't be close.

Franklin, 1st round KO.

umm I talked ot Rich last night and he said nothing was confirmed yet. Its just on the table

Good work, Cronkite.

would have liked to see MacDonald vs. Tanner!

"Few will expect him to win so the loss will not set his career back."

Like Quarry.

Thank god, someone is gonna KO Jason MacDonald.

Macdonald can win if he can get rich down, but i don't think he can do that.

i'll be rooting for him anyways. champ city represent!!

Fighting a pissed off Franklin in his backyard.

MacDonald will get owned!!! Did you see the way he just walks into punches? Hell, he just walks straight forward period! Franklin won't miss.

I think MacDonald is great fighter but don't think hes at the level he needs to be to beat Franklin. i'll definatly be ordering that PPV just for that fight.