Franklin vs. Henderson Fightmetric Report

The fightmetric.com report on the Franklin vs. Henderson fight is up here:

www.fightmetric.com/fights/Henderson-Franklin.html

Interestingly enough, fightmetric has it scored a draw by the 10 point must system but a Henderson win under Fightmetric scoring.

Check it out and discuss.

further proof the fight was way too close for a true winner and loser to be chosen

max power -  further proof the fight was way too close for a true winner and loser to be chosen

Agreed. If a fight's this close, it's no robbery. It can go either way. Simple as that.

Hendo won 2 rounds to 1.

Granted the rounds were quite close, Rich had a very, very slight edge in the standup with shots landed but Hendo landed more power shots, Hendo had all the takedowns and controlled the ground.

Close fight but Hendo edged it.

I had Hendo winning too....I think there were some intangibles in the fight that the fightmetric report just doesn't capture.  It was very close but it was Dan who was dictating the first and second rounds IMO.

Mad Xyientist -  I had Hendo winning too....I think there were some intangibles in the fight that the fightmetric report just doesn't capture.  It was very close but it was Dan who was dictating the first and second rounds IMO.

agreed, I had dan winning rounds 1 and 2...rich had better striking but dan won it with the ground...

thanks for the info MX

ttt

Franklin edged the standup in two rounds but wasnt dominant enough to offset the points from Dan's ground game.

Rich did not have a single takedown the whole fight. Did he really do enough on his feet to offset that?

nah