Fraud BJJ Black Belt in NC - James Paredes

Stymie - I thought Joe Son was in prison. How is he in NC teaching the lugnut?

Where do you think he learned the Lugnut?

Unrelated but I have a fat fuck on my base that claims to have a bjj black belt from Marco Rua's father. He teaches the worst mma classes ever.

HA! One of the guys at my gym (we are in eastern NC) was talking about this a few days ago. I am glad this thread got bumped so I can see the video he was talking about.

Has he made any new videos lately? Anyone know if he is still teaching at the same school?

There are next to no kosen judo instructors left. Unfortunately it's a dying form of judo. Phone Post

ninja316 - 

There are next to no kosen judo instructors left. Unfortunately it's a dying form of judo. Phone Post

I've seen youtube videos showing Judo tournaments at Universities with no stand up from ne-waza, so they still seem to have those. I think the "Kosen Judo" was just a specialized system that developed for a variety of reasons. Once the university dojos started getting experienced players, they were able to play Judo with a full range of techniques. Once that happened, there wasn't a need for Judo with a limited scope. I don't think it ever was a distinct style, as some in the US seem to think. The emphasis was on ground work originally because that's all they could do well. It takes time to develop the standing acumen and, inexperienced college players could compete on the ground faster than they could learn the standing throws.

As one of the only two LEGIT Kosen Black Belts in North America this video TRULY appalls me...

Clowns like this may fool the uneducated, but will never fool those who truly know this rare, but fascinating sub-culture of newaza-focused Japanese Judo.

Further, this fraud will never know the profound feeling of accomplishment one attains from carrying a red-hot urn with his bare forearms, signifying graduation from the famed Kosen Dojo.

As mentioned, only two non-Japanese have ever earned that distinction, Ari Bolden's original teacher and myself --and we are NOT amused.

Fuck Ari

Ju-Jtsu? With no I in jItsu?!? LMAO!