Freddie Roach "Anderson Silva is too big for GSP"

Height wise gsp is smaller I guess, but size wise, bet that guy walks round near 200lbs Phone Post

Ttt Phone Post

Whambo - thought they were gonna do a catchweight...

If they do, then the size is a bs excuse, because GSP will cut as much as possible.

Why would GSP cut as much as possible if it is a catchweight? GSP would be moving up and Anderson would be moving down. GSP wouldn't have to cut as much as he normally does to make 170. Anderson on the other hand will have to cut more than normal.

mmavixen - 
Immaculata - He's right, there are weight classes for a reason. I do not want to see this fight.

THIS

agreed.
same story with the possible JBJ/Anderson matchup imo.

there are enough fighters out there ... somewhere there is a 170lber that has or will have GSP's number soon enough,..
same thing goes for Anderson and same for JBJ.

I personally prefer for champions to fight in their own weight class.

Freddie's a real likeable dude.

I just wish he liked MMA more.

MdGeist - Hey Roach, MMA isn't boxing.

MMA has these things called "take downs" you've probably never heard of them

^ Phone Post

Ttt Phone Post

StruggleSnuggles - 

He fights over weight LW's in Serra and BJ but if Silva moves down to WW he's too big?? Phone Post

Silva cuts hard to make 185, he won't be able to make 170 he is full of shit if he thinks that. Years ago yea, not anymore. The fight will happen at catchweight. No way Silva cuts to 170 unless he wants to give all of his fans an excuse because he cut too hard and had no energy and was drained/ That is all Silva fans would be saying should that happen. The fight happens at 178

t

Funny how BJ wanted to fight Anderson if he were successful @ UFC 94.

Fuck! Why did I just remind myself of UFC 94???? Phone Post

BJ will fight anybody

Anderson Emelianenko GOAT - 
   ILoveWatchingJonesBoneShogun -  Silva cuts hard to make 185

Bullshit.

DanTheWolfman - I was there for one of the three times Freddie worked with Anderson, he was obviously impressed.

There is only a 10 lb or less difference as it stands now, let alone catch weight, contrary to popular belief.

So a title fight at 170 makes the most sense, because they're the same size anyway, so Anderson will make 170 as easily as GSP.

Catchweight fights are never as interesting as a title fight, and GSP isn't going to MW (or will like Anderson need a couple of warm-up fights in the heavier division before going for a MW title fight against Anderson) - it makes a title fight at 170 the most logical fight if they're the same size.

Oh yeah, GSP is definitely much smaller than Anderson.

Sub

Even Dana has said GSP is too small for Anderson.

Not that I wouldn't watch the fight... 

dan henderson fought fedor nogueira wanderlei and was just about to fight jones

grow a pair gsp

mr1709 - dan henderson fought fedor nogueira wanderlei and was just about to fight jones

grow a pair gsp

Yet you've never seen Dan go after GSP asking for a catch weight. GSP is a WW!! Get your head out of your ass.

JustSaying -
Stevia Viper -
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - They both weigh in the 190's on fight night and Silva has only 1.5 inch reach advantage. This is bullcrap Phone Post

I think silva weight in cage is closer to 205 Phone Post

Stevia, you're an idiot. Phone Post

How is he an idiot? I'm pretty sure AS usually comes into the cage at 195-205 lbs while he fights at MW. I think GSP and AS are more similar in size when compared to AS and JJ. Phone Post

georgejonesjr - 
OnlyTheStrongSurvive - 

They both weigh in the 190's on fight night and Silva has only 1.5 inch reach advantage. This is bullcrap Phone Post

If they're the same size, fight at 170 for the title. Problem solved.

Anderson offered to do that,but GSP and co preferred a catch-weight so that his title is not at stake...