Frederico Lapenda

What happened to this guy? I noticed that his sight has been down for a while. combatchannel.com

Back in the old days he was an excellent resourse. He was one of the first guys to offer international events. Before I had internet, I'd always look in Blackbelt magazine to look at the riovideos ad.

The down side was that his tapes costed too much. Also, he was famous for chopping events in half so he could sell them seperate.

Does anyone know this guy?

I believe this guy was a big "Entrepranuer"sp? so to speak.He was in poltics,business, and $$$$$ not just NHB.

I met a exchange student from Brazil in highschool way back in the the day mention this.

Sucked when i first met him i asked if he trained any Jiu Jitsu and he said no but his cousins were big in it.

Talk about the wrong Cousin being exchanged lol

Thanks got that his guys got out from the NHB scenario.

I went for one of Lapenda's events here in my hometown Recife and i couldn't believe in what i saw.

Peace and''um grande abraço''

sanakakakujume:so let's go.

Firstly there weren't any doctors on the show. I saw when teh guy who was brutally koed by Adrei Semenov getting out of the ring carried by his fellows without any medical assistence. And i saw with my own eyes when a trainer went to the bar asking for some ice to put on his fighter.

Secondly, Francisco Bueno was suposselly(sp??) on the card,. This was announced in everywhere you could imagine:radio, outdoors on tghe streets, etc..So everybody was expecting his fight but just few minutes before the bout Lapenda stepped on the ring and said that the fight wouldn't happen since some sponsors didn't pay Bueno. According to Labenda Bueno should receive 60.000 dollars for the fight. Obviously anyone ate this story and the crowd booed Lapenda. Not to mention others obcenities and some strange objects which were thrown on the ring.

And after this show i went to another lapenda event and same king of stuff happened again.

Whooooaaaa

Lapenda is a SCUMBAG!

I'd like to put him in a real Vale Tudo fight against Igor Volvchanchin...............

He deserves to get busted up real badd!

I have spoken with Lapenda on the phone years ago when I got sent the wrong tape. It was around 1998.

I called the phone number of his US distributor of tapes. She was confused and called Lapenda (I believe he was in Brazil on vacation) and me for a conference call as she was not aware of difference which WVC was which.

He was calling her sweet-heart, etc and she sent me another tape free of charge because it was her companies' error. Lapenda kept telling her she shouldn't send me a free tape, but make me send the bad tape back first. I got my free tape and ended up with WVC 3 and 4.

I ordered Kids in the Cage and got Cage Fighitng Women.

Produced Mark Kerr's Smashing Machine

"Produced Mark Kerr's Smashing Machine"

Thank god he doesn't handle the distribution. lol

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1319325/bio

Frederico Lapenda was born and raised in Brazil. He moved to Los Angeles in 1988, graduated from UCLA in Theater and Film, and formed The Combat Channel Corporation. He started the worldwide no-holds-barred fighting movement in 1994 by producing Vale Tudo 1994 in Japan with Rickson Gracie.

Since 1996 the Combat Channel has produced and promoted NHB fighting events in such diverse countries as Brazil, Russia, Japan, Ukraine, Israel, Holland, Jamaica, Ukraine, Belgium, Croatia and Bosnia. The Combat Channel continues to stage numerous fights each year, all around the globe.

Lapenda himself has produced four successful, highly-rated programs for Fox TV's Fox Files, including Russian Night Life, which investigated Moscow's thriving underground party scene, and Amsterdam "The Red Light District", which took a behind-the-scenes look at the brothels and hashish bars that made Amsterdam famous.

Travis Fulton says he is still waiting for the belt he won in WVC6.he says that at the end of teh event they handed him a belt to have his picture taken and to be on the video and then they took it back afterward and said it was only for show and they would send him the real belt.I'll bet teh belt that Travis had on at the end of the WVC6 video was the same one that Kerr and Vovchanchin had on when they won their tournaments as well

The guy is a snake.

"Secondly, Francisco Bueno was suposselly(sp??) on the card,. This was announced in everywhere you could imagine:radio, outdoors on tghe streets, etc..So everybody was expecting his fight but just few minutes before the bout Lapenda stepped on the ring and said that the fight wouldn't happen since some sponsors didn't pay Bueno. According to Labenda Bueno should receive 60.000 dollars for the fight. Obviously anyone ate this story and the crowd booed Lapenda. Not to mention others obcenities and some strange objects which were thrown on the ring."

Ironically enough, this is the event featured in Rites of Passage.

Ya how the Brazilian exchange student spoke of him was he was "into alot of things" anything to make money so to speak.

He didn't really talk bad about him but just kinda insinuated he was a shady type character

Marco Ruas also doesn't have too many good things to say about Lapenda.