Freezer runs constantly, help anyone?

Luckily I chased it down.... But the motor is running constantly. Frost is building up inside. I've started a little research but the motor, coil etc is all internal so it's a little trickier. Any tricks anyone knows? Phone Post 3.0

I don't know much about refridgerstors, but I think I'd start researching what kind of thermostat is used in one, and if it is the likely culprit. Phone Post 3.0

Defrost it Phone Post 3.0

not sure if this is useful/related to your specific problem, but i know my ol man has a shit ton of 2l bottles filled up with water that he throws into the freezer... not sure if that makes sense or not, but in his world it does.

i wonder.. why have it on if its 3/4 full with just bottles and bottles of ice?.. he says it saves electricity... i don't know for sure.. but when the power goes out, at least he knows everything in there will be okay for a little while.

Make and model? Also is your fridge still getting cold? Make sure the thermostat is not turned to all the way cold. Phone Post 3.0

something random - Faulty thermostat Phone Post 3.0
Nah. More than likely faulty timer not allowing freezer to switch into defrost. Or heating element Phone Post 3.0

If you want to shoot me a PM I can call you and walk you through it Phone Post 3.0

if fridge is running, chase after it

Ben Jaquenhoft - If you want to shoot me a PM I can call you and walk you through it Phone Post 3.0
It stays the same no matter where I turn the knob. There is no defrost option, unless that's in the fridge not the freezer. I just left to go to hardware store. The fridge isn't as cold lately, but that's because I can't get it to seal great anymore. Needs a new gasket I suppose. It's a frigidaire, can't remember model. Appreciate the offer, I may do that. Phone Post 3.0

Is it a side by side or is the freezer on the top? You have to manually defrost it meaning take the cover off the coils from inside the freezer and hit it with a blow dryer or hot water. Phone Post 3.0

Freezer on top, thanks for the help. Phone Post 3.0

Glad to help. Almost certain its the timer but do a bit more research. The part shouldn't cost more than 20 and it's located behind the thermostat dial. Phone Post 3.0

Tiresias - Freeze stuff that is less hotter.
This. Op is dumb. Phone Post 3.0

Ben Jaquenhoft - Glad to help. Almost certain its the timer but do a bit more research. The part shouldn't cost more than 20 and it's located behind the thermostat dial. Phone Post 3.0
I took the cover off with the thermostat dial. All that exposes is the fan. Phone Post 3.0

Put it in a bag of rice,no one likes running in a bag of rice. Phone Post 3.0

maybe it needs a reboot / reset , power-down / power-up

When I used to brew beer I ran an external thermostat between the freezer cord and the wall outlet, and it had a probe than you left in the freezer. . You set it to the temperature you want and it runs when it needs to. I kept it around 70 degrees for fermentation then colder when I stored finished beer. Phone Post 3.0

Thermostat must be broken. Nothing telling the compressor to stop Phone Post 3.0

http://www.westernappliancerepairboise.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Control_Box_Kit_Installed.jpg

this mounts on the ceiling for the fridge which contains the thermostat timer and light. the timer in the picture in the white box which has a white wire coming out of it which changes to orange.

if you are in the freezer and took the cover off, you should see the fan and the coils that are frozen over. since you are back home, what is the model or can you get me some pics?

DIY diagnostic instructions

http://www.american-appliance.com/old_Site/service_pages/general_tips/defrostrefdiag.htm