Friend is dating a ufc fighter

Just had a girl tell me and my fiance that her boyfriend is a ufc fighter. I just stood there and didnt say shit as she explained what he does. My fiance was so embarrased because it was one of her friends. She was saying that he hopes to fight in a cage in a few months and he has been training for it for the last 3 weeks.

This poor/ignorant girl thinks her boyfriend is chuck norris because he is lifting weights and reading books while he tries it out on his friends. I told her that I would like to come out and give it a shot. She told me that he doesnt play around and that they are serious about it. They have gloves and shin pads and a punching bag. He just bought some mats too.

How should I approach this? Should I sandbag when I go there or should I train as normal. I really want to tape it but I think it would be a dead give away. If he is a total douche and is doing this to immpress
my fiance's friend I am thinking I could give him and his friends a long day. If he is serious but pathetic (in a lost puppy kinda way)maybe I should teach or should I continue not to know anything? This is the kind of stuff I read about on here from some other guys but I have never had such a ripe situation like this before.

Thoughts???

2 Likes

pretend you dont know shit and put the beating on them. that would be
the most comical answer anyway.

The guy is trying to get some pussy and you want to go out there and cockblock him because hes claiming your profession? You know how many dudes out there lie about how much money they make, or what they drive, girls they banged...should we all go out of our way to call them on their bullshit?

I dont know why you would go out of your way to beat up some poor schmuck who's been training for 3 weeks.

1 Like

Sandbag for UG entertain....or do a good deal and show 'em how it's really done.

Tough choice.

Sounds to me like some dude who just started training. Just like all of us at one point...

He can't help what his girl think or says.

Go train w/ him and if he's a douche,then put the boots to him.

If he's cool, then U should point him in the right direction.

"If he is a total douche and is doing this to immpress my fiance's friend I am thinking I could give him and his friends a long day. If he is serious but pathetic (in a lost puppy kinda way)maybe I should teach or should I continue not to know anything? This is the kind of stuff I read about on here from some other guys but I have never had such a ripe situation like this before."

in all seriousness:

if he is just the run-of-the-mill douche trying to impress this chick, put him thru the ringer bigtime.

but if he's serious but pathetic, go ahead and give it to him straight. give him a man-to-man about the reality of training and fighting, and let him know that you're not out to ruin his relationship with this chick, and that you want to actually help him out before he screws himself with his "UFC fighter" mouth.

Be supportive, give the guy a hand. If anything show him the reality of what he is thinking of doing.

lol

if he's serious and he really wants it, invite him to train

This will not be your last experience with this kind of thing BELIEVE ME! If it were me I would hold back at first just to see what he was about and what kind of guy he is(if he is a cool guy whose just trying to impress his woman you have to give him credit that she believed it lol) and then if he is an ass, politely put that ass to shame and walk away. Regardless of what he is you are still a pro. There's alot to be said for what isn't said outloud and this sport is the perfect example of it.

1 Like

Why even waste your time? Just do your own thing and let him do his. Karma will catch up with this douchebag sooner or later.

Holly wood you might want to re-read my thread. I never said I was going to kick anyone's ass. If he is a complete douch then I would make it a long day for him. I 'm not trying to "cock block" I have been out of high school for a while and his girlfriend isn't going to be there training with us buddy.

Now if he is doing this to get some ass and be a dick then the allegence is to my fiance and therefor her girlfriend, so by default I would have to do something like a choke or two. I am a cop so doing something illegal or some shit probably wouldnt be the best idea. If you arent able to read prop.then refrain from posting here. All others I appreciate your responses. I will try to get them to tape it and it should be quite interesting.

Dan Christison has sandbagged the correct...

Dan, BTW, are you managed by Ken Pavia?

whos the bigger douche, a guy claiming to fight and get some ass or a guy that maybe does and no one knows about and runs to a internet site filled with keyboard warriors to talk about what a douche the other guy is.

You are the one getting OWNED

'If he is a total douche and is doing this to immpress my fiance's friend I am thinking I could give him and his friends a long day. If he is serious but pathetic (in a lost puppy kinda way)maybe I should teach '

*Basically, there you go.

I definately think I will sandbag and feel him out and see what his agenda is. If he really wants to learn I think that will be great and I will help in any way I can. I actually hope that is how it's gonna be but if he is waiting for me so he can pounce on me with his friends then I will have to break out a few techniques that have collected some dust over the years.

Tape It!!

Cool story tho!...If you do end up confronting him or whatnot...definitely get it on video and make sure to share it with all of us. I could use a good laugh now and again. Be safe

LOL

ARfightfan, did someone piss you off or beat you up. It is a simple question and if it comes down to the definition of a douche and who is one , we will be here all day.