Friend wont wear cup in training

So basically my mate says he is better because he does not wear a cup in training/sparring as he is more aware of protecting himself.

Obviously I then debated the lunacy of this theory an that its utter bs! Points such as you might aswell stop wearing a gum shield or even wear a seat belt while your driving a car then based on that logic.

My question to the ug is has anyone ever told you something as stupid as the above an what was it?. Some nonsense techniques or style that they truly believed an defended? Phone Post 3.0

That's stupid. Kick him in the nuts, he'll learn. ;) Phone Post 3.0

I agree that theory is stupid.

However, I dont wear a cup in training either. They're uncomfortable. 

A guy came to our gym one day for sparring and I had never seen him before. He said to me as we touched gloves "no face shots if that's alright" I said "sure no problem". As I jabbed to his body he proceeded to throw a straight right hand at I would say about 90% directly to my chin. I guess he meant no face shots on him but hitting me in the face was fine Phone Post 3.0

Let him attempt an armbar. Elbows to the nuts is a sure fire way to get people to wear cups. Phone Post 3.0

maybe he has no balls

downunderground - A guy came to our gym one day for sparring and I had never seen him before. He said to me as we touched gloves "no face shots if that's alright" I said "sure no problem". As I jabbed to his body he proceeded to throw a straight right hand at I would say about 90% directly to my chin. I guess he meant no face shots on him but hitting me in the face was fine Phone Post 3.0

gym rule #1

what happens at the gym stays at the gym

gym rule #2

hit me as hard as you wanna get hit

Raj aldo - So basically my mate says he is better because he does not wear a cup in training/sparring as he is more aware of protecting himself.

Obviously I then debated the lunacy of this theory an that its utter bs! Points such as you might aswell stop wearing a gum shield or even wear a seat belt while your driving a car then based on that logic.

My question to the ug is has anyone ever told you something as stupid as the above an what was it?. Some nonsense techniques or style that they truly believed an defended? Phone Post 3.0
Maybe he doesn't want to wear a cup when rolling with you for other reasons? Phone Post 3.0

JOESONDO -
Raj aldo - So basically my mate says he is better because he does not wear a cup in training/sparring as he is more aware of protecting himself.

Maybe he doesn't want to wear a cup when rolling with you for other reasons? Phone Post 3.0
ITS A BINGO!!!! Phone Post 3.0

if its just bjj and grappling. I dont wear a cup. If there is any kind of striking. I wear a cup.

armbarring - if its just bjj and grappling. I dont wear a cup. If there is any kind of striking. I wear a cup.

This.

15 years of BJJ/submission grappling and I never wore a cup.

Never had a problem with arm-bars and never took an "incidental" shot to the balls.

If we were doing any form of striking I wore a cup 100% of the time...

Naderhood -

I agree that theory is stupid.

However, I dont wear a cup in training either. They're uncomfortable. 

He just likes it when his junk is rubbing up on you while sparring Phone Post 3.0

If it's for bjj you aren't allowed to wear them in most Tournies so... Phone Post 3.0

Gum Sheild?

What country do you live in?

training what?

Ghost of Retard - 

Gum Sheild?

What country do you live in?

Probably England. That's the correct name for mouthpiece

ChokeEmOut - 

Next time you train with him, stand up in his guard and pass through with your knee in the middle. He will learn the hard way. Phone Post 3.0

I don't wear a cup. This happened to me. Next time I worse loose yoga pants, no underwear and worked north/south from top.

Give him the better safe than sorry speech again and warn him a couple times if you're striking. Otherwise, it's not your responsibility to protect this man's testicles. Let him learn the hard way; eventually he will catch one in the bean bag.

As others have said; really not a huge deal if it's bjj. Unless he tries to sink in his third hook or tries to catch you in the legendary "W Guard."

ChockEmOut - Next time you train with him, stand up in his guard and pass through with your knee in the middle. He will learn the hard way.
RASHADsBBCGAVeMeaVAGiNALtear - Let him attempt an armbar. Elbows to the nuts is a sure fire way to get people to wear cups.
You two sound like really shitty training partners.

Mustard Tiger - Give him the better safe than sorry speech again and warn him a couple times if you're striking. Otherwise, it's not your responsibility to protect this man's testicles. Let him learn the hard way; eventually he will catch one in the bean bag.

As others have said; really not a huge deal if it's bjj. Unless he tries to sink in his third hook or tries to catch you in the legendary "W Guard."
ChockEmOut - Next time you train with him, stand up in his guard and pass through with your knee in the middle. He will learn the hard way.
RASHADsBBCGAVeMeaVAGiNALtear - Let him attempt an armbar. Elbows to the nuts is a sure fire way to get people to wear cups.
Have you ever arm barred someone without a cup? It's terrible and makes one want to wear a cup. Phone Post 3.0

RASHADsBBCGAVeMeaVAGiNALtear - 
Mustard Tiger - Give him the better safe than sorry speech again and warn him a couple times if you're striking. Otherwise, it's not your responsibility to protect this man's testicles. Let him learn the hard way; eventually he will catch one in the bean bag.

Have you ever arm barred someone without a cup? It's terrible and makes one want to wear a cup. Phone Post 3.0

Wow dude... do you know how to arm bar? You don't line their elbow/tricep up with your ball sack bro. I don't know if this is a troll or you really just don't know this. Do you also line up your package with the bridge of their nose in north south as well? When doing a back roll, do you go directly over your spine?

I think cups during grappling is up to the individual but relatively speaking its kind of a weak move. Compression shorts are your friend. And as for your whack ass armbar technique - you will never learn how to do it properly if you keep doing it that way.

Angle it to the SIDE bro the SIDE. like along your hip line.