Friends who are not MMA fans WHY?

Its not like a person has to be a tough guy or even train and not have other interests but come fucking on! How can you not be into combat even in sport form(i dont care fr the current rules) i wish my friends liked mma or took the effort to learn about it. MMA has been out there on tape over ten years now so im past the point of trying to "Support the sport" to newbs. The nly people i have a grudge with are thr sports media who when the sport REALLY takes off should be punished and mocked when they attempt(and they will) to sound like experts.

It sucks when your friends arent into what you are into, but actually is just causes you to make more friends, and then have MMA friends and non-MMA friends. I find my MMA friends I dont have much in common with but MMA so it works out.

Most it just sucks I cant get my girl into it, she will never see the skill she just sees guys punching and bloody and hates it. And hates when I go train. :(

What I hate is friends who play the macho American male gimmick but dont get into mma. Because they just want to see someone get hurt and refuse to take the time to learn to understand the technical aspects of whats happening.

I've shown MMA to a lot of people who didn't get into it.

Yeah the booing whenever it hits the ground(comped eats ruin events) is retarded. i know what you mean about the macho thing as much as i dont care for Nevada/jersey rules street fight videos turn me off.

LOL the elitest attitudes of MMA fans...Who cares if other people dont like MMA??? Seriously some MMA people come off like Jehova's Witnesses...wanting to go around to TMA Dojos and "spread the good word/SHOW THEM REAL MMA" or try to increase the country's "tapout-dork" population....as if there arent enough cock-diesel young guys out there who are about 1/8 as tough in real life as they are in their own minds.... People have spent years trying to get me into the NFL but its not my thing...Seeing first-hand how annoying that is...I wouldnt try to force my love of all things combat sport related on other people. My husband fought Muay Thai for years in Laos and Thailand and he has almost 0 interest in MMA. He will watch Muay Thai DVDs for hours and hours though...Occasionally we watch MMA together but he quickly becomes bored and I respect that....Thankfully I love watching Muay Thai also

Its funny they push these weird contrived sports on us like doing shit with a ball but no one can name the heavyweight boxing champion.

"Yeah the booing whenever it hits the ground(comped eats ruin events) is retarded."

This is one of the things that I liked better about PRIDE. You didn't have all of the stupid/ignorant/disrespectful fans at their events.

"
LOL the elitest attitudes of MMA fans...Who cares if other people dont like MMA??? Seriously some MMA people come off like Jehova's Witnesses...wanting to go around to TMA Dojos and "spread the good word/SHOW THEM REAL MMA" or try to increase the country's "tapout-dork" population....as if there arent enough cock-diesel young guys out there who are about 1/8 as tough in real life as they are in their own minds.... People have spent years trying to get me into the NFL but its not my thing...Seeing first-hand how annoying that is...I wouldnt try to force my love of all things combat sport related on other people. My husband fought Muay Thai for years in Laos and Thailand and he has almost 0 interest in MMA. He will watch Muay Thai DVDs for hours and hours though...Occasionally we watch MMA together but he quickly becomes bored and I respect that....Thankfully I love watching Muay Thai also"

JJgirl is the bomb. hahaha

Yeah but like i said im past the point of trying to get people into it. The one group that must me held accountable are the sports media for their blatent disrepect and ignorance. and besides that we are not taling about movies or music were t.alking about FIGHTING! Man the fuck up enough kids soccer games where we cant keep score

none of my friends like MMA. the only person i know who does is my girlfriend. she was standing next to me yelling at the tv while Diaz smashed up Gomi, and actually cried when GSP beat Hughes(happy tears)......she likes it almost as much as i do.

although i did choke her unconscious for crying during the UFC.

When I first started dating my wife, she said to me, "I noticed that almsot all of your friends are into martial arts."

I answered, "It's not that my friends are into martial arts, but it is why they are my friends."

Most people can't get over viewing the blood and physical violence(i.e. dude getting repeatedly punched in the face)

I remember that feeling watching the 1st UFC, but I enjoyed the combat and watching Royce, so it didn't bother me as much as some.

Now, after so watching so many MMA fights, I feel like a serial killer on his 50th victim, I can eat a sandwich and watch the Yves/Stevenson fight and not feel anything!

Tiger Woods is a sports star and we wonder why the country is getting soft.

my buddies don't understand whats going on when it hits the ground. they get mad when a fight ends and they have no idea why it ended...but there willing to learn and i try to let them know whats going on and who is actually in trouble. they always think the guy on the bottom is in trouble until he gets an arm bar or a triangle and then they have no idea what happened.

I have friends that are wrestlers and who do not care about MMA.

I have friends(idiots) who go out every weekend talking about fighting and how they want to get into a fight, yet do not like MMA.

MMA is a separate entity and should be treated as such.

I also think that MMA fans (true fans, at least) are a very tight knit group. Kind of like on Fight Club when you see someone from the club on the street and just give them the nod.

Thats cool they want to learn but what kept them from knowing (how old are they). I saw ufc2 just after it was on tape about 93-94 or so. Kids grew up seeing fighting movies but yet never got into ufc which i find strange.

i really don't understand how a man with two testicles can not like MMA.

Correct

every friend I have atleast watches it a little...granted, one friend played poker at my b-day party with lauzon and didn't realize he was a fighter, but he knows all the really big names..