Frnk Mir said only 10 ppl in the wrld cld beat him

I'd say frank mir is right not many people in the world could beat him in a fight

totalwreckage - In a Ecko unlimited commercial said only 10 people in the world could beat him and the other billions wouldn't stand a chance. lol

sounds about right. 10 might be generous. he was the HW champ, baddest man on the planet, and once he recovered from his near-career ending injuries, he's was pretty damn hard to stop.

does someone care to name the 15 guys they think could could beat him?

KriegerVonGott - MMA fighters will be useless in the post-apocalyptic world.

No one will care about the dishonour of using a weapon when there's life on the line.

Brock is prepared.

If he thinks only 10 people are capable of beating him he was either kidding or he is an idiot.

I seem to remember Wes Sims stomping him into a daze a while back despite the fact that face stomps were illegal. Does he consider Wes one of the 10?

Anything can happen in a fight. There are probably thousands of guys that COULD potentially beat him. Not thousands who would regularly beat him, but thousands who could.

gatovolador - 
GladiatorGannon - does someone care to name the 15 guys they think could could beat him?

Cain Velasquez
Shane Carwin
Brock Lesnar
Big Nog when he's not a zombie
Fedor
Barnett
Alex Emelianeko
Sergei
Gonzaga
Pe de Pano
Werdum
Cigano
Cheick
Overeem

Lil Nog
Chack
Shogun
Wandy
Forrest
Rashad
Anderson
Ryoto

does that list include at least 2 people he already beat?

and yeah, you can argue that Brock is better now...but then you have to admit that Mir is a lot better than the fat cripple he was when he lost to Pe Depano (also on that list).

HMIC2 - 

Anything can happen in a fight. There are probably thousands of guys that COULD potentially beat him. Not thousands who would regularly beat him, but thousands who could.

along with the thousands of legendary street ball players that can beat Shaq 1 on 1. every playground has one :)

HMIC2 - If he thinks only 10 people are capable of beating him he was either kidding or he is an idiot.

I seem to remember Wes Sims stomping him into a daze a while back despite the fact that face stomps were illegal. Does he consider Wes one of the 10?

Bringing a knife into the octagon is also illegal. So is biting and eye gouging. If Sims stabbed him, bit off his nose and gouged out his eyes - would that count, too? If something is illegal, that goes both ways. What if Frank decided to do a bunch of illegal attacks on Sims earlier in the fight? That's just a pointless thing to argue.

Plus, look at the context of the whole thing. Could someone beat him in a flukish way? Sure! Anything can happen, but look at the odds. If enough people try anything, eventually one will succeed at it. You're trying way too hard to make this quote into something bigger than it is. 

Sebastiaan - He is right. Brock is one of them btw

wow sure did not show the first time round.

This whole thread assumes that the very best fighters in the world are all in organized MMA. I'm not sure I agree 100% with that premise.

I still stand by the statement that there are probably thousands of men out of the earth's billions of people who could beat Frank Mir in a fight.

TMA'ers probably said the same shit about Bruce Lee in the 70's.

Jump Kick - 
GreenLight - *** How do you think he'd fare in a street fight with Lee Murray?

TFSOL? Would probably make all the difference here.

-jk
These days Lee wouldn't dare set foot on the filthy streets of London.

How are the streets in Morocco?

At least he's saying 10 guys could beat him, instead of the usual "I don't think anyone can beat me when i'm on my A-game" or "The only person who can beat me is myself".

Frank Mir beat off 10 guys at once?

He beat himself into looking like he'd never trained before against Pe de Pano. Must only be 5 guys in the world who can beat towel foot.

smoogy - Frank Mir beat off 10 guys at once?

If he said there are only 10 guys that can beat him off... well there's no way I can dispute that.

Domingo - The guy is essentially saying he's in the top 10 in the world

If there's 10 people that can beat him....

Wouldn't that make him top 11?

pretty bad luck, when like 4 of the only 10 people in the world who could beat him already have

jason hornbuckle - pretty bad luck, when like 4 of the only 10 people in the world who could beat him already have

Thank god the UFC found 4 of the 10 guys who are capable of beating him already. Must have been like finding a needle in a haystack.

KyleJohnson - 
Domingo - The guy is essentially saying he's in the top 10 in the world

If there's 10 people that can beat him....

Wouldn't that make him top 11?
Touche'

:)

"He beat himself into looking like he'd never trained before against Pe de Pano."

Even without his injury from the accident, that was a terrible style match for him. The second that fight hit the ground it was over. I was watching with idiots who didnt know why PDP "wasnt doing anything" but Mir couldnt move.

PDP is one of the 10 best BJJ HW's of all time, if he gets on top of you in MMA youre not going to be long for this world.