Froch vs Groves Discussion

Thought this sub forum needed this.....

Sat May 31!

Big fight this weekend for British and world boxing, a lot of people think.this time around groves hasn't got much of a chance in my eyes GG is going to win this time assuming there is no bullshit from the referee.

Thoughts Phone Post 3.0

I'm putting my neck out and saying Froch is going to display the effects of a career fighting a murderers row of fighters who all gave him wars - topped off with shipping a lot of punishment from a very hard hitting fighter last time out.

Groves knows he can hurt Froch now. In the first fight I think he held back a little for fear of punching himself out trying to get past Froch's infamous chin.

I think Groves is going to hurt him hard and early. If it drags on beyond 5 or 6 rds I see Groves taking a pts win so long as he doesnt get dragged into late rd tear ups

I can't wait for all the hype to be over and the punching to begin. Really looking forward to this fight. I expect a barn burner with my man froch bringing extra gasoline Phone Post 3.0

I'm on my way down there now, just got onto the M1.

80,000 tickets sold.

Trying to remember a bigger crowd, Chavez v Haugen in Mexico City? Anything since then?

I'm trying to imagine what it's going to be like in there later. Wembley is fucking huge.

99% of fights I go to these days, I don't fully enjoy because I'm usually working in some capacity.

Going from working the corner at Deeside leisure centre last week to this, it's crept up on me totally and right now I'm fucking buzzing, the lads are buzzing, im meeting some of the press-row down there for a beer and they are buzzing (and they are never buzzing).

Can't wait for this. Phone Post 3.0

Awesome fight, and i didn't see that ending at all, especially given how Groves was beginning to turn it on and land some hard shots. Classy show from both fighters at the end too, good to see after all the bullshit.

Very different fight to the first one. Looking forward to De Gale v Froch. De Gale looked the real deal tonight!

Great comeback by Kevin Mitchell to! Phone Post 3.0

Froch caught Groves perfectly.

His punch hit Grove's jaw in the perfect place.

I was betting on Groves but Froch deserved to win.

Back at the hotel now, every fight was a stoppage, it was a mint night.

Froch was awesome , he will look daft against Degale though.

Amazing night, humbled by it all. Phone Post 3.0

Wow did not see that coming. God help me I don't know how Froch does it with that goofy ads style but he does Phone Post 3.0

That was a helluva punch Phone Post 3.0

Frames4Life - Back at the hotel now, every fight was a stoppage, it was a mint night.

You think degale can beat him? Phone Post 3.0

I think Froch/Chavez jr would be an entertaining fight. Both will throw. Both have iron chins. Phone Post 3.0

sczott52 - I think Froch/Chavez jr would be an entertaining fight. Both will throw. Both have iron chins. Phone Post 3.0
That would be good. Golovkin would be great Phone Post 3.0

Anyone know what the scorecards where at the time of the stoppage?

Technofiend - Anyone know what the scorecards where at the time of the stoppage?

2 judges had it by one round, 1 judge had it other way by one round.

I can't remember who they had though lol.

Anyway, they had it close, I remember that much. Phone Post 3.0

pharochuck -
Frames4Life - Back at the hotel now, every fight was a stoppage, it was a mint night.

Yes mate, very tough fight for Froch at this point, he's the mandatory but I think Froch will swerve that and head to Vegas for Ward or JCCJ. Phone Post 3.0

Frames4Life -
pharochuck -

Yes mate, very tough fight for Froch at this point, he's the mandatory but I think Froch will swerve that and head to Vegas for Ward or JCCJ. Phone Post 3.0
Chunky would not beat Froch! He's half the boxer and half the punched GG is and Froch dismantled him...I want to see Golovkin vs Froch Phone Post 3.0

bricht07 -
Frames4Life -
pharochuck -

Chunky would not beat Froch! He's half the boxer and half the punched GG is and Froch dismantled him...I want to see Golovkin vs Froch Phone Post 3.0
I'm not a huge JCCJ guy, but he's better than half as good as Groves. I'd rather see GGG also, but Jr. is where the money will be. No desire to see Ward methodically dismantle him again. Phone Post 3.0

I had it about one round to Froch after 7 completed rounds.

Froch vs Chavez in Vegas would be good.

DeGale should fight Groves again.

bricht07 -
Frames4Life -
pharochuck -

That's just stupid. Half the fighter?

They already fought to a razor thin decision, I had it to Degale by 2 rounds. Not complaining about the result, there was a few rounds I just could score and I don't like give 10-10s. He poses a complete different set of problems for Froch and Froch just gets another camp old while Degale gets another camp better.

Remember when you thought Groves could beat Froch?

This is like that. Phone Post 3.0