From Mike Fowlers fb.

Damn, I couldn't even imagine.
He's such a nice guy, my heart goes out to him.

" Dear Facebook family, fans, and Friends. I don't really want to put this out. But it can't stay hidden and I can't keep answering the same questions. I really don't know how to put it into words so I really won't go into detail. Bottom line is... I was knowingly lied to for the past 3 years. In the past week I have come to find out that I am NOT the father of my son. The real father has made it known that he would like to step up and be the father he was supposed to be. It's not his fault that he was lied to as well. I don't want to share drama and the only reason I am sharing this is so everyone can know and not talk to me about it. I am leaving for Japan to walk with enson and Roman . I need time to gather my thoughts. I will update my Instagram and keep everyone informed. My phone will work if anyone needs to contact me . Nothing hits you harder than life itself. . Please fathers take a moment and really appreciate the kids in your life. As i kissed him Goodbye, i started to cry. when he noticed...my little man backed up....held my head as he said "Im Sorry," and kissed me. No one should have to feel this kind of feeling. Big hugs and no need to comment #ichizoku #kizuna. #family. #bonds" Phone Post

As a daddy I can't imagine this, but he a father isn't necessarily the one that passes on the genetic code. Fowler can still be his dad.

Wow I cant even imagine what he must be going through I read this and think about my daughter and have no idea how crushed he must be right now I cant even wrap it around my head. Best of luck to him moving foward and I hope he can pick himself back up after something like this. 

What an awful situation.

At a minimum, he's stuck having to accept not being the one and only "dad." I've got three kids five-years-old and down (including a three-year-old boy like Mike), and I can say that is going to be brutal. Someone else is "daddy" too? He's not just "my" little boy? Ugh. That would be so, so tough to come to grips with.

There just aren't any good answers. In the best case scenario, it's still going to be tortuous, and that assumes everybody does the right thing and operates in the boy's best interests.

Poor guy. Phone Post 3.0

Ya know . . . being a lawyer and a father, my brain is whirling thinking about this . . . .

The reality is that Mike is THE father under the law.  He is, presumably, on the birth certificate and is identified as the father on any number of legal documents. 

That has important consequences.  For example, even in the face of this truth about paternity, the girl could still sue Mike and obtain child support payments if he just ran off.  Conversely, if she ran off with the actual father, Mike could sue and obtain custody and visitation rights.  In short, Mike has legal rights (and obligations) to this child and the girl has legal rights (and obligations) to this child.  The only person in this scenario who does NOT have any legal rights or obligations is the biological father.

That gives Mike a good bit of power in this situation.  This new guy wants to "step up" and do the "right thing"?  That's great.  But the reality is that--legally--he's got to go through Mike to do it.  Nobody can compel Mike to give up his rights.  Nobody can compel Mike to give two sh*ts about anything this new guy says as to the parenting of this child. 

Under the law, it's MIKE'S son and the girl's son.  That's it.  The girl could give up her rights, but she can't compel Mike to give up his. 

If this were me, I'd say fu*k it.  The truth will set us free and the boy should know what's true, but this new guy isn't "daddy"--period.  I'm daddy.  Me.  Fu*k you for lying to me, but you can't change my role and I'm not giving it up.  If the new guy wants to do the "right thing," that's great, but the "right thing" is going to be being "uncle new guy."  And if that's not enough, he can fu*k off. 

Mike obviously isn't asking for anyone's advice, but I do hope he knows this or somebody makes him aware of his options on this front.  Just because it turns out years later that your child isn't "yours" doesn't mean you MUST suddenly accept being a nobody.  You're still the parent under the law, no matter what the DNA tests show.  That comes with both rights and obligations, and while it's most common to hear people complain about the obligations (child support payments, etc.), the RIGHTS are pretty important too. 

Whats the back story on this?

Mike is married to Tracy Goodell right? But he had a kid with another lady that lied to him?

He always seemed like a cool guy, followed him since the days Lloyd was putting out all that shit on him..

Wish him the best.. couldnt imagine, but then again, he seems like a guy that would still be 100% for that child

That is absolutely horrible. She should certainly face some type of repercussion from this. Phone Post 3.0

Dire - Whats the back story on this?

Mike is married to Tracy Goodell right? But he had a kid with another lady that lied to him?

He always seemed like a cool guy, followed him since the days Lloyd was putting out all that shit on him..

Wish him the best.. couldnt imagine, but then again, he seems like a guy that would still be 100% for that child

No other lady, its Tracy. Phone Post

Holy shit. Poor guy Phone Post 3.0

This is truly, truly fucked.

Years ago I was an intern at the State Capitol working on legislation and there was a bill that wanted to change the law so that if a situation like this arose, the father who raised the kid would not be required to provide any type of support.

There were hundreds of cases just like Mike's!

Dude's literally lininning down out the door of the hearing room ready to tell their story of how they got lied to and manipulated into providing child support.

It is then that I learned that if you are in a relationship in which there is any, no matter how small, of a question that you may be the father that you get the child tested for your DNA. You only have a two year window in which you can be removed and the responsible parent, after that you are going to provide support until they are 18 years old.

Poor guy. What a kick to the nuts. Phone Post 3.0

Gawd....that is just a fucking HORROR MOVIE! I wouldnt wish that on Hitler! im crying inside for Mike.

Prayers and good vibes sent his way

BJJER - This is truly, truly fucked.

Years ago I was an intern at the State Capitol working on legislation and there was a bill that wanted to change the law so that if a situation like this arose, the father who raised the kid would not be required to provide any type of support.

Dude's literally lininning down out the door of the hearing room ready to tell their story of how they got lied to and manipulated into providing child support.

It is then that I learned that if you are in a relationship in which there is any, no matter how small, of a question that you may be the father that you get the child tested for your DNA. You only have a two year window in which you can be removed and the responsible parent, after that you are going to provide support until they are 18 years old.

Yeah, but . . .

Like I suggested earlier, this problem can cut both ways.  Sometimes the guy who thought he was the dad WANTS to stay involved.  While it's a shocking event, many "dads" like Mike may ultimately conclude that they don't love the kid any less the day after they find out than they did the day before.

The guys I feel bad for that you described are more often those who were never involved with the kid anyway, were duped into making child support payments, and then years later learned the kid they've never spent any time with or loved but yet had to pay for wasn't even their own. 

Mike's situation is different.  This is HIS SON.  He loves this kid and has raised him.  I can say with certainty that if I discovered any of my three kids weren't actually mine, there's no way I wouldn't still insist on being their "dad."  No different than a mix up at the hospital or an adoption--they're still MY kids.  I love them too much to let them go, regardless of what I found out. 

So the laws that you mentioned may actually HELP Mike here.  While those laws would  "burden" him with child support payments if he just ran off, they also benefit him with rights if he chooses to stick around.  HE's the kid's dad under the law, not the new guy.  New guy might be the biological father, but he's got SQUAT when it comes to legal rights.  Mike and his wife are holding 50% of the cards each--New Guy has zero. 

I do think that if I were in the situation, my conclusion after much soul searching would be that everybody else needs to operate on MY terms.  I've got two little boys, and I don't care what you tell me--they're MINE.  I'd kill you for them today, and I'd kill you for them tomorrow if I found out I wasn't their biological father.  Mr. New Guy is going to be "Uncle New Guy," and if he doesn't like it he can fu*k off. 

Mike, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong. Phone Post 3.0

MTH - 
BJJER - This is truly, truly fucked.

Yeah, but . . .

Like I suggested earlier, this problem can cut both ways.  Sometimes the guy who thought he was the dad WANTS to stay involved.  While it's a shocking event, many "dads" like Mike may ultimately conclude that they don't love the kid any less the day after they find out than they did the day before.

The guys I feel bad for that you described are more often those who were never involved with the kid anyway, were duped into making child support payments, and then years later learned the kid they've never spent any time with or loved but yet had to pay for wasn't even their own. 

Mike's situation is different.  This is HIS SON.  He loves this kid and has raised him.  I can say with certainty that if I discovered any of my three kids weren't actually mine, there's no way I wouldn't still insist on being their "dad."  No different than a mix up at the hospital or an adoption--they're still MY kids.  I love them too much to let them go, regardless of what I found out. 

So the laws that you mentioned may actually HELP Mike here.  While those laws would  "burden" him with child support payments if he just ran off, they also benefit him with rights if he chooses to stick around.  HE's the kid's dad under the law, not the new guy.  New guy might be the biological father, but he's got SQUAT when it comes to legal rights.  Mike and his wife are holding 50% of the cards each--New Guy has zero. 

I do think that if I were in the situation, my conclusion after much soul searching would be that everybody else needs to operate on MY terms.  I've got two little boys, and I don't care what you tell me--they're MINE.  I'd kill you for them today, and I'd kill you for them tomorrow if I found out I wasn't their biological father.  Mr. New Guy is going to be "Uncle New Guy," and if he doesn't like it he can fu*k off. 

shit, you kill me in a dream you better wake up and apologize

I feel so bad for Mike, he seemed like such a proud father Phone Post

I feel so bad for Mike, he seemed like such a proud father Phone Post

Good lord. Is this the same wife that allegedly got groped or otherwise sexually harassed by LI?

Tomato Can - Good lord. Is this the same wife that allegedly got groped or otherwise sexually harassed by LI?

yes, but she did not make those allegations and did not know about that until fuzzy went on his rampage. not like she was accusing lloyd if that is where this is going.

Holy shit.... As a father of a 3 year old I couldn't imagine this. I follow Mike in instagram and its very apparent he loves his son more than life itself. My thoughts go out to him. This is terrible Phone Post