From the angles they were showing, you

Could not see exactly when the knee made contact with the head. They need to find that angle and pause it like in the nfl. I'm not convinced it was legal. Where is the Phantom cam?

It doesn't really matter. There are no replays. Call in the cage should stand.

There needs to be a replay rule. In this instance, I believe the instant replay wasn't definitive enough to overrule the call in the cage(Like the NFL rule). It was so close.

Agree

Bottom line is the rules are fucked. It looked legal to me but it's dumb we are even debating whether a guys hands were a fraction of a inch away from the mat or not.

2 hands planted in front of you on the matter does not seem to be a way to intelligently defend yourself.

Rogan definitely dug in his heels on that. No nearly as cut and dry as he made it seem.

There is no instant replay, so the people outside the cage need to shut the fuck up, and telling ref it was legal.

MMArijuana - It doesn't really matter. There are no replays. Call in the cage should stand.

There needs to be a replay rule. In this instance, I believe the instant replay wasn't definitive enough to overrule the call in the cage(Like the NFL rule). It was so close.
In my opinon it was clear. I thought they were legal in real time.

If there are no replays there should also be no outside interference in the ref call in the cage.

If they are allowing that they should have cleared the cage and restarted immediately.

It was all weird and gutted for Moussasi, looked like he had a real opportunity to take the fight from that sequence.

Wölfie66 -
wiggum - Rogan definitely dug in his heels on that. No nearly as cut and dry as he made it seem.

Do you need glasses? Rogan dug in because it was that clear! The knees were both legal
stop it wolfie you're on every thread looking like a fool.

Wölfie66 -
wiggum - Rogan definitely dug in his heels on that. No nearly as cut and dry as he made it seem.

Do you need glasses? Rogan dug in because it was that clear! The knees were both legal
There was no replay that show an angle of the exact point the knee made contact

The knees were knocking Weidman back and bringing his hands off the ground.

I have no dog in the fight. That's just what happened.

Weidman was gaming the system, and it's pretty clear that his hands were down until the knee landed and popped him back.

Either way, lameness.

Osbot -

The knees were knocking Weidman back and bringing his hands off the ground.

I have no dog in the fight. That's just what happened.

Weidman was gaming the system, and it's pretty clear that his hands were down until the knee landed and popped him back.

Either way, lameness.

The rule doesn't say your hands have to remain down after contact. His hands clearly came up. The question is did they come up before the knee made contact

Don't you need to have both palms touching?