Front Headlock Subs; Some Legal, Some Not (Video)

Here's a link to a video on my blog with TUF assistant coach Erik Paulson breaking down his favorite submissions vs the front headlock using me as a demo dummy. They all work and go on VERY quickly - that must be the reason he's so in-demand as an MMA coach

http://www.grapplearts.com/Blog/2011/02/front-headlock-submission-attacks-by-erik-paulson/

Ciao

Stephan Kesting

www.grapplearts.com

ttt

Awesome

4latrr Phone Post

That is a sick flow of submissions, but damn Erik has really let himself go.

Mad respect for Paulson. I am sure that the years of training have left him plagued with injuries that have put him in the condition he is in now. He is a freakin' encyclopedia of subs for sure.

That being said, I always felt that he was better suited to coaching than fighting. Of all the stuff he demos, I have seen very little of it in his fights.

FJJ828 - Mad respect for Paulson. I am sure that the years of training have left him plagued with injuries that have put him in the condition he is in now. He is a freakin' encyclopedia of subs for sure.

That being said, I always felt that he was better suited to coaching than fighting. Of all the stuff he demos, I have seen very little of it in his fights.

He's not in bad condition. Also, he developed the majority of his sub flows after he retired.

Some people forget how long ago he fought. Watch clips of him rolling in the gym and you'll see him actually use what he's teaching.

But I know what you are referring to. I'm always perplexed when the big name BJJ guys come out with DVDs showing a lot off cool stuff...but most use only the fundamentals when competing.