Front squats

Just did 3 sets of these yesterday adding them to my shoulder workout. I like them. You have to go down in weight from your typical back squat, but definitely worth adding to your routine. Phone Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ADC7VONr7E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

This video shows bodybuilder Branch Warren talk about this movement. Phone Post

Front Squat will also show weaknesses most people don't realize by just back squatting.

First, as you progressively add load to you front squat you will begin to fail if you do not keep good posture and proper lumbar positioning. This is easily noticeable when beginning the up after the squat and failure or dropping the weight even if it didn't feel heavy.

And second, if you have poor shoulder mobility some even triceps you will not be able to keep a strong rack position for the bar and for some it may even be painful!

Keep it in the routine it is great and if your not doing them too start Overhead Squatting. Phone Post

I Prefer front squat to back... Feels bettet to me. Phone Post

I cann't bend my hands like that. Fuck front squats, that's what leg extensions are for.

beatbum - I cann't bend my hands like that. Fuck front squats, that's what leg extensions are for.

Are you walking into the bar with overhand grips, beding your wrist backwards?
Try crossing you arms and point your elbows horizontal. Less pressure on the wrists a lil more on the shouldets. Phone Post