Fucking squirt hockey schedule...

6am game 1 hour from my house. Daylight savings. Plan on leaving house at 5am.

Set clock 1 hour in wrong direction. Wake up at 5a, get the kid up, get on xway. Then figure out its only 315am, not 515am.

Ended up going back home to sleep for another hour. At the rink now. At least we are winning. Phone Post 3.0

that's a shit morning for a Sunday.

Sorry, I don't speak Canadian Phone Post 3.0

I've never understood hockey schedules. It's a sport my kids will never be involved with unless they absolutely beg to play. Phone Post 3.0

AdmiralCackbar - I've never understood hockey schedules. It's a sport my kids will never be involved with unless they absolutely beg to play. Phone Post 3.0
What dont you understand???
Most arenas here (just outside Toronto) will play host to 15 games over any given weekend.
Somebody has to start early because the guys who run the arenas dont want to be working till 8pm Saturday and Sunday.
Growing up IIRC most games would be done by 3-4pm and the arena would clear out. Phone Post 3.0

They screw everyone. Thursday night beer league dropping after 11 pm. It sucks

Hockey parents are dedicated as fuck. My dad used to bring me to midnight practices and 6am games/practices/tryouts Phone Post 3.0

WhoShotYushinOkami -
AdmiralCackbar - I've never understood hockey schedules. It's a sport my kids will never be involved with unless they absolutely beg to play. Phone Post 3.0
Most arenas here (just outside Toronto) will play host to 15 games over any given weekend.
Somebody has to start early because the guys who run the arenas dont want to be working till 8pm Saturday and Sunday.
Growing up IIRC most games would be done by 3-4pm and the arena would clear out. Phone Post 3.0
Must be a Canada thing. In michigan we had hockey all day Saturday and Sunday. At least until 10pm Phone Post 3.0

All said and done, this am wasnt a complete wash. He scored 3 goals (but one was taken back - goaltender interference). I came home and slept for a few hours. Daylight savings sucks.

Schedule can suck, but its rare to be so bad. When they are the youngest (5-6 yo's), they tend to get the 6a games.

Hockey has been GREAT for my kids. Gotta keep them busy with something! Phone Post 3.0

Pat Giles -
WhoShotYushinOkami -
Must be a Canada thing. In michigan we had hockey all day Saturday and Sunday. At least until 10pm Phone Post 3.0
The adult leagues are the later ones at night.
And never on Saturday night as hockey night in Canada is kinda a big deal here.
But the home arena i grew up playing in, all kids league games were pretty much done by mid to late afternoon on Saturdays.
And Sundays were usually practices for teams and then open to the public rec skating later on.
The only time the schedule would be messed up is if there were tourneys being played with out of area rep teams. Phone Post 3.0

invalid - They screw everyone. Thursday night beer league dropping after 11 pm. It sucks

I play mondays and wednesdays and the games are usually at 11 or 11:30 pm.

Shit sucks when you work a day job. 

sublime13 - Hockey parents are dedicated as fuck. My dad used to bring me to midnight practices and 6am games/practices/tryouts Phone Post 3.0

Yup, hockey parents are the best.

I used to have 6am games in Lake Arrowhead...so three hour drive to get to.

My old man, or mom would pile me in the car, and I'd get to sleep in the back while they drove to the game, and then had to deal with getting me dressed, etc.

As my dad says, "The happiest day in a hockey parent's life is the day their kid can tie their own skates."

Gotta love the dedication of hockey families. Mites and squirts had 6am games 2 1/2 hours from our house. High school we were practicing at 10:45 at night on wed and 4:45am on fri before school. Good times. Mom and dad drove me all over the damn place and watched hockey all weekend. Never complained once. Phone Post 3.0

dogfb - 
invalid - They screw everyone. Thursday night beer league dropping after 11 pm. It sucks

I play mondays and wednesdays and the games are usually at 11 or 11:30 pm.

Shit sucks when you work a day job. 

Lol and a Sunday pickup at 6:30 in the morning with some try-hard playing like it's game 7