Fuji Kimono

Anybody have one? What is the cut like if you had to compare to other gi's you own.

Is the sizing consistent with your other gis?

Lookin to pick one up

Very good quality AND inexpensive gi. It has a nice tight cut and holds the color well, I used to sell Atamas at my gyms but after they priced themselves out of contention last year I am selling Fuji gis only. I sold lots of them by now not one person is missing the Atama gi. I think that just about says it. 

Awesome gi, fantastic fit. It's a shrink to fit, I take an A1 in Koral (pre-shrunk) and my Fuji is an A2, after 2 or 3 hot washes it fits as well as the Korals.

Fuji makes a good and inexpensive gi .Give it a try

I personally don't like the collar all that much. Its not stiff enough for me and kind of scrunches up after you wash it. Its a preference thing though and doesn't affect the functionality of the gi.

I have a new A3 for sale and a lightly used A2 for sale if anyone is interested.

GrdStorm - I personally don't like the collar all that much. Its not stiff enough for me and kind of scrunches up after you wash it. Its a preference thing though and doesn't affect the functionality of the gi.

I have a new A3 for sale and a lightly used A2 for sale if anyone is interested.

Send me a pm..interested in A3

ttt for GrdStorm

Don Whitefield - Very good quality AND inexpensive gi. It has a nice tight cut and holds the color well, I used to sell Atamas at my gyms but after they priced themselves out of contention last year I am selling Fuji gis only. I sold lots of them by now not one person is missing the Atama gi. I think that just about says it. 

Hey Don, since you carried both did you find that those thay wore A3 in Atama also wore A3 in Fuji...or did the go A4 for shrinkage?

Thanks!

msg sent

very happy with my fuji gi. fabric is soft and strong, and the fit is perfect. not too heavy, not too light. recommended.

snakepitz - 
Don Whitefield - Very good quality AND inexpensive gi. It has a nice tight cut and holds the color well, I used to sell Atamas at my gyms but after they priced themselves out of contention last year I am selling Fuji gis only. I sold lots of them by now not one person is missing the Atama gi. I think that just about says it. 

Hey Don, since you carried both did you find that those thay wore A3 in Atama also wore A3 in Fuji...or did the go A4 for shrinkage?

Thanks!
Just like the Atama Fujis are not pre-shrunk and can be fitted nicely. Some guys who are in between choose the A3 and don't dry it or they move up to the A4 and wash it hot and dry it several times, it really depends on their built.

If you tell me your height, weight and wingspan I give you my 2 cents regarding your best choice based on my experience.

Don, I am 6 2 and lean 200lbs (def do not look my weight). Dont know wingspan but dress shirts are 34 sleeve.

All my gis are A3. I actually ordered an A3 from budo videos. Do you think that will work? It will prob never touch the drier or anything but cold water wash.

I would have loved an A4 top and A3 pant as A4 pants are always too baggy and sloppy on me. They dont do split orders though.

I like my gi's to fit snug..almost a 'cheater' gi which is fine since I dont compete anymore.

Will def post my review once I receive

I love Fuji. From now on this will be the only gi that I will buy (I actually have 3 of them: blue, white and white with RGDA patches). I also own Kikskin, Atama, Keiko, Gameness and Sirius. If you love uber snug fit like me, almost cheater as you say, you'll love it, too. I have all my gis A3, but the Fuji is the "snuggiest". Stay away from the drier.

I am 6'2 and 175lbs and have an A3 that has been washed in cold several times without any drying whatsoever. It is now a bit too small for my liking. Seems smaller than my atama A3 top. I am thinking about ordering an A4 next time and shrink to fit but not decided for sure yet.

I have 3 Fuji's myself. I really like them, great deal.

I'm 6'1.5" and about 240Lbs

I actually bought A5s & shrank them down so as to avoid the heartbreak of accidentaly shrinking my gi too small (I have learned the hard way not to trust myself to take gi's out of the dryer on time).

They are a little long in the skirt this way (kinda loose; more like a Judo gi) but I really like them.

As mentioned, they DO shrink quite a bit, so take that into consideration.

snakepitz - Don, I am 6 2 and lean 200lbs (def do not look my weight). Dont know wingspan but dress shirts are 34 sleeve.

All my gis are A3. I actually ordered an A3 from budo videos. Do you think that will work? It will prob never touch the drier or anything but cold water wash.

I would have loved an A4 top and A3 pant as A4 pants are always too baggy and sloppy on me. They dont do split orders though.

I like my gi's to fit snug..almost a 'cheater' gi which is fine since I dont compete anymore.

Will def post my review once I receive
That is a tough one. Sadly  the jacket shrinks much more than the pants, but the A3 will be definetely too small for you.