Fun Fact of The Day: Americans drink 11 times more

Americans drink 11 times more beer than wine.

I find this fact hard to believe. Should be way more than 11 times Phone Post 3.0

Im one of those ppl. Not a fan of wine atvall Phone Post

Yeah I dont care for wine at all. Phone Post 3.0

soda than any other country is what I was prepared to read.

I like wine, but beer is my god Phone Post 3.0

IBProfane - soda than any other country is what I was prepared to read.
Hell, Americans probably drink at least twenty times more soda than any other country. Ordering a small at a fast food restaurant in America is close to the same as a large in another country Phone Post 3.0

I'm drinking wine right now. Had beer yesterday. Phone Post 3.0

HisOrHerpes - 
Hell, Americans probably drink at least twenty times more soda than any other country. Ordering a small at a fast food restaurant in America is close to the same as a large in another country Phone Post 3.0

Actually, it's Mexico.

FetusofFury - 
HisOrHerpes - 

Actually, it's Mexico.

Really? I've traveled to South and Central American countries where Coca-Cola has a large presence but I wouldn't have guess Mexicans consume more soda than Americans. By default they are probably healthier because they have sugar in their soda while we have high fructose corn syrup.

IBProfane -
FetusofFury - 
HisOrHerpes - 

Actually, it's Mexico.

Really? I've traveled to South and Central American countries where Coca-Cola has a large presence but I wouldn't have guess Mexicans consume more soda than Americans. By default they are probably healthier because they have sugar in their soda while we have high fructose corn syrup.
So coke in Mexico taste better then American soda with the fake shit?

I heard in the Philippines the meat they use in the burgers at McDonald's is way better because they don't use half the preservatives and short cuts that the American McDonald's have. Always wondered if it was true cause I can't imagine a mcdouble tasting good. Phone Post 3.0

I dont drink either, liquor for me Phone Post

Chaelismyhero - I don't drink anymore,but I preferred whiskey over beer or wine.

Not even one sip? Phone Post 3.0

gage949 - 
IBProfane -
FetusofFury - 
HisOrHerpes - 

Actually, it's Mexico.

So coke in Mexico taste better then American soda with the fake shit?

I heard in the Philippines the meat they use in the burgers at McDonald's is way better because they don't use half the preservatives and short cuts that the American McDonald's have. Always wondered if it was true cause I can't imagine a mcdouble tasting good. Phone Post 3.0

Coke outside of Canada/US tastes much better, but it goes flat very quick, like within a matter of hours.

According to this, Mexicans drink almost twice as much Coke products than USA.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/which-countries-drink-most-coca-cola-drinks

Also, take a look at this picture from "What the World Eats". I saw this years ago and always remembered it. Mexicans love coke. I also remember reading about a dowry a Mexican family was paying for a marriage, and it included like 50 cases of Coke. They love the stuff.

http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1626519_1373704,00.html

If I'm counting correctly, that is 12 x 2 Litres of Coke per week for that family of 4 + a baby.

This is how i drink, in this order based on availability.

Whiskey
Beer
White russians
Stay Sober
Wine.... Phone Post 3.0

Mexicans probably drink more soda because tap water isn't good for consumption by humans.

I don't remember the last time I had wine and I don't remember the last day I didn't have a beer.

Don't ever play 'Wine Pong'.
HUUUGE MISTAKE

Spinelock - Don't ever play 'Wine Pong'.
HUUUGE MISTAKE

I lived in a fraternity house all 5 years of college (yes 5), on more than one occasion we ran out of beer and decided to play pong with either bourbon or moonshine...it was always a bad idea, and we said every time that wed never do it again, yet it continued to happen....

I live in wine country,and prefer beer. Phone Post 3.0