Funniest Athletes

I saw Terry Bradshaw in a commercial the other day and it made me think back to when he first came into the NFL from Louisiana, and how funny he was in interviews. He was just loose and down home, not exactly a standup comedian, but he had personality and said what was on his mind.

So I got to thinking about other athletes who are or were funny, and Yogi Berra comes to mind, he was hilarious. Also, Joe Namath had a lot of personality, and although is was years after he retired and some might argue kind of sad, when he got drunk on Monday Night Football and tried to kiss Suzy Kobler, that shit still makes me laugh when I see it.

So who are some of the funniest athletes around, past or present?

Ali

matt the law linland - was awesome in his prime...especially his MMA.tv comments to Phil Barroni

Chael sonnen's one of the funniest people I've seen on TV, period. He's intentionally funnier tha n most pro comedians, but maybe you mean goofy, accidentally funny

charles barkley

i can't view these at work but it look sgood

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1218371-the-25-most-hilarious-sports-interviews-ever/page/2

Chael Sonnen,Peyton Manning,Clay Mathews,Aaron Rodgers,Kevin Love

And no Ali was not funny. Calling Joe Frazier an uncle tom was not funny. People have this misconception that Ali was funny and a good person.

sekundarburnes - Chael sonnen's one of the funniest people I've seen on TV, period. He's intentionally funnier tha n most pro comedians, but maybe you mean goofy, accidentally funny
I disagree with this. I think Sonnen can be funny and intelligent when he Isn't spewing some crap he pre-rehearsed before hand.

Aaron Rodgers photobombs of his teammates cracked me up awhile back. Phone Post 3.0

The Rock

Shaq

John McEnroe Phone Post 3.0

sekundarburnes - Chael sonnen's one of the funniest people I've seen on TV, period. He's intentionally funnier tha n most pro comedians, but maybe you mean goofy, accidentally funny

I agree. I think Sonnen isn't just funny, he's polished and could make a tv career even outside of sports someday.

I'm taking all comers, intentionally funny, accidentally funny, whatever, some good ones so far.

I think Ali was more egomaniac than funny, and I am Team Frazier all day, but Ali was really funny with kids. THey were the only ones he didn't mind clowning on him it seemed to me. I sometimes think even the stuff with Frazier was kind of tongue in cheek, but he clearly didn't appreciate the pain he was causing him with saying the things he did.

Jared Allen Phone Post 3.0

i dont like football (soccer) but mario balotellis trolling is next level.

Payton Manning was great on SNL

Pat McAfee is on the Bob and Tom show often and I find him to be entertaining Phone Post 3.0

Chris Pronger, Kevin Bieksa and Jeremy Roenick Phone Post 3.0

LFTM - 
sekundarburnes - Chael sonnen's one of the funniest people I've seen on TV, period. He's intentionally funnier tha n most pro comedians, but maybe you mean goofy, accidentally funny
I disagree with this. I think Sonnen can be funny and intelligent when he Isn't spewing some crap he pre-rehearsed before hand.

Aaron Rodgers photobombs of his teammates cracked me up awhile back. Phone Post 3.0

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fmPoVvVDYH4

Blue please

Bob Uecker