Funny post on MMA Gospel

Although working on a year later, someone felt the need to respond to the less-than-informed author of an article that grabbed a lot of attention last summer. It just showed up in my mailbox, so I assume it's fairly new. In either case, I found some amusing references throughout I thought I'd share with the rest of you.

Enjoy.

There is a new comment on the post "MMA Gospel - Brock Lesnar and the Top Four UFC Heavyweights Fedor Emelianenko is Ducking in Strikeforce".

http://www.fighters.com/11/13/mma-gospel-brock-lesnar-and-the-top-four-ufc-heavyweights-fedor-emelianenko-is-ducking-in-strikeforce

Author: Bobbyclumsyninja

Comment:

It's clear to me that the author of this article knows somewhat less about mma history than claimed, or is suspending their honesty, with the hope that if they wail loud enough, fedor will somehow get his balls out and forgo his best interests (and break contract) by joining the ufc..without zuffa meeting the co-promotion prerequisite laid out by m-1.

They have been very open about their needs. Co-promotion obviously is important to the contract. (btw they would actually be opening markets for the ufc, who,in spite of the tuf-noob-fanboy's wet dream hopes, is not an omnipresent entity). They also will not dishonor fedor or the people of russia by signing away the sambo legend's right to compete...or make  him relinquish the right to do commercials and otherwise exploit his own brand, as stars in all sports wish to, and in fact do.  

All-time mma great status would, it seems to me, require lasting ability, in addition to dominance during any given fight. Who, in the world of mma has been so dominant, for so long, over so many champs, or prior champs?

Who, if not the great fedor has bested as wide a variety of styles, sizes, and strategies?

At the extreme end of things, fedor gave up 130 lbs th hong man choi. He gave up 35 to rogers and many others.

Some lack of superheavyweights forcing an enormous weight bracket in the major promotions, doesn't lessen the wonder of fedor being able ktfo or club and sub them.

Is there another fighter in mma that's routinely giving away 15% or more of his bodyweight to his opponents, and dominating all the same? That's one of the things that puts the legend in his own league.

Could Gsp run through the Lhw division of any promotion at his present weight? Would Anderson silva have a fieldday at hw, without going up himself? You know the answer.

If we're looking at p4p then no other fighter really can claim his throne. I don't hear about this enough in the p4p talk, the fact that he's mashed fighters irrespective of weight differences. Hell.... ufc nuthuggers like too mock him for fighting lindland, who came up for their fight. By that reasoning, Brock, Carwin and co. Haven't had any serious fights yet, as they were the superheavyweights fighting heavyweights.   Apply the criticism of fedor to other fighters and they suddenly look pathetic by comparison.

In summary this article was bollocks, and the author an ignoramus, a talentless hack, or as I mentioned before, trying to rattle him as some great I-dare-ya (won't work)

To the gent who shat out this thing my eyes beheld... 3/10 for the troll job, and congrats on writing what might be the very worst catastrophe of an article, concerning sports, in a generation..or more.  

If I may elaborate, not since Glen "shaky-quill McShakespiel" authored his treatise "Sixteen Reasons Scotland Will be Remembered For Beach Volleyball" in 1892, earning him a death scentence (which basically entailed a tour of Scotland's beaches).....has someone so plunged to the source of Suck, as to literally spoil sports for a tangible segment of those exposed to it's categorically insane contents.  

Whatever drugs you ingested before writing that masterpieceofshit should come with a do not post online under-the-influence-of warning, or a violin so you don't sprain your numbnuts and have to call a Whaaaambulance.

The best fighter in mma history isn't a loudmouthed yank with a giant penis tatooed on his steroidy chest...get over it. Until he's bested, he's still the best going...and no one's Mir...I mean near to him on the all time.

Fedor is a very humble man, but assuredly he has tens of millions of fans around the globe who are happy to praise his achievements loudly, on his behalf. These include many of the top trainers, fighters, refs, commentators, magazines, websites, and...well you get the picture.

See all comments on this post here:

http://www.fighters.com/11/13/mma-gospel-brock-lesnar-and-the-top-four-ufc-heavyweights-fedor-emelianenko-is-ducking-in-strikeforce#comments

"If I may elaborate, not since Glen "shaky-quill McShakespiel" authored his treatise "Sixteen Reasons Scotland Will be Remembered For Beach Volleyball" in 1892, earning him a death scentence (which basically entailed a tour of Scotland's beaches).....has someone so plunged to the source of Suck, as to literally spoil sports for a tangible segment of those exposed to it's categorically insane contents."   

Lmao. I should read this once a week.