Further Chris Kyle (Amer. Sniper) controversy

DON'T KILL THE MESSENGER - there was a back an forth debate on a pre existing thread that I couldn't find (get a search function on the app/make it free) just figured it's a lively OG topic ecerytime it's mentioned - and this just came out today. Links provided.
====================
“All told,” Kyle wrote in his book, “I would end my career as a SEAL with two Silver Stars and five Bronze [Stars], all for valor.”

But Kyle, who was murdered by a fellow military veteran several years after leaving the Navy, embellished his military record, according to internal Navy documents obtained by The Intercept. During his 10 years of military service and four deployments, Kyle earned one Silver Star and three Bronze Stars with Valor, a record confirmed by Navy officials.

https://theintercept.com/2016/05/25/american-sniper-chris-kyle-distorted-his-military-record-documents-show/

http://gawker.com/the-american-sniper-was-an-american-liar-1778632754 Phone Post 3.0

What a shock Phone Post 3.0

I don't have a dog in this fight or really give a shit but this along with the car jacking and New Orleans looter shit is a little much. Phone Post 3.0

otide - I don't have a dog in this fight or really give a shit but this along with the car jacking and New Orleans looter shit is a little much. Phone Post 3.0
That said, he still served and by accounts other than his own - served well, so, respect. Phone Post 3.0

there is no reason to doubt his version.  The others could be confidential

Meh Phone Post 3.0

jacktripper - Meh Phone Post 3.0

This.

I'm not passionate about it either way.

Subadie -

there is no reason to doubt his version.  The others could be confidential

Other than his documented history of being a liar? Phone Post 3.0

There's no doubt that he did some BS. With that said the others could very well not be documented awards. It's not unheard of to be awarded in confidentiality. People just want to tear a man down. He could of lied about everything in his book and it doesn't change the fact that he did save a lot of lives and sent some Allah Akbars to meet their 21 virgins prematurely.

For that we thank you! Phone Post 3.0

I know a man with a confidential award. He showed it to me. A very high level award. According to what he told me, HE did not even know why they gave it to him, though he had a pretty good idea.

Subadie - I know a man with a confidential award. He showed it to me. A very high level award. According to what he told me, HE did not even know why they gave it to him, though he had a pretty good idea.
That's interesting? Can you or anyone else explain more the reasoning between the "closed door"/undocumented awards? Phone Post 3.0

At this point what does it matter? Ok so he lied or he didn't. It doesn't change the fact he's dead and it should now be a non issue. There is no one to point the finger of blame at except a plot with a stone that doesn't respond back. 

I wouldn't waste one iota of energy towards this. 

Document attached to second article shows 2 silvers and 5 bronze. Phone Post 3.0

otide -
otide - I don't have a dog in this fight or really give a shit but this along with the car jacking and New Orleans looter shit is a little much. Phone Post 3.0
That said, he still served and by accounts other than his own - served well, so, respect. Phone Post 3.0
I don't get it, he has no reason to make shit up, most guys fantasize about things we know are definitely true about him. The only explanation is that dude was seriously fucked in the head and that's why he lied about stupid shit. Phone Post 3.0