Future Star Fighter Focus: Shane Johnson

Shane Johnson vs Jacob Malili

How did you get involved in Mixed Martial Arts?: JABS MMA.  September 16, 2009.

How are you preparing for this fight?: Personal training from Jason Trevino, out of Hippy Trips Bros, Jonathan Balgame at Fight Capital, and I plan to get with Frank Monsalve at Hurricane Combat Arts Academy, and Jimmy Saighman and Nick Cue at Jabs MMA.

What do you know about your opponent?: Jake Swinney is a former Training Partner, intelligent position player, works hard for submissions.  Awkward standup and takedowns.

Where do you see yourself being in 5 years?: UFC Champion, for the past 3 years.

What is your favorite part about fighting?: Collecting Belts, and I’m sure, soon: paychecks.

What is your goal in this sport?: To be a Champion longer than Benny The Jet Urquidez.

Do you have any heroes or look up to anyone?: Everyone on my team, and those whom want me on theirs.

Who is your favorite fighter and why? Those whom love the sport, and always believe they can improve…and do.

The sport is gaining popularity every day. Where do you see the sport being in 5 years from now?: Much more entertaining.  The growth has been amazing, but the value, is priceless.  Like the Internet.

What do you do with your time other than MMA?: Run it.

What do you do for a living?: Ticket Broker.  And sometimes I make work, doing other fun, product sales, on the strip.  

What is 1 thing that we would be surprised to learn about you?  Hopefully you see it, July 5.

Any shout outs or sponsors you would like to thank? Square Boy Apparel, Hippy Trips, Nation Headwear, Fusion of Ideas, Las Vegas Nutrition Center, Affordable Dental, Nation Essentials, Nomin8ed, Jabs MMA, Fight Capital, Hurricane Combat Arts Academy, So Cal Fight Factory, KO Tickets, Felix Vega, Biggs Capital.