FX IS A BUNCH OF MORONS...BOXING IS DEAD..

Supposedly there is a terrible portrayal of MMA in this show at one point.

I hadn't really heard of this one. I'll be sure to check it out. I liked Terriers a lot, too. Oh well.

i never got to watch terriers, but i heard it was good. is it already over? my favorite fx show that i have seen is niptuck.

AllAmericanBoxing - Boxing is still more popular than MMA. So how can boxing be dead? They get more PPV buys than the UFC has ever had consistently.

This may be true, and the statement that boxing is dead may be pushing it, but it is certainly dying at the moment. The only fight that anyone cares about happening right now is pac man vs. mayweather or any fight that they are involved with.

I work at a sports bar and if they put boxing on, its on that corner tv, you know the one that is still a tube tvthat they havent got rid of cause it still kind of works. its no one you have ever heard of and its not very high level.

MMA consistently puts on more quality shows with more quality fights than boxing. They have more stars and more rising stars.

Its not as international as boxing yet, but its only been around for a short time and it has covered a lot of ground in less than 2 decades.

Damn i hope they dont cancel this show. The first episode was great.

Terriers was a good show. Not sure why they cancelled it. I guess it didn't fit in with the rest of the garbage they have sticking around now like Jersey Shore and House Wives. So I fear this show's early doom as well.

Terriers is done?!

It doesnt really seem like you an intelligent argument. boxing is still popular. it seems that FX show earned more than any TUF episode. Phone Post

Show was great. THE PREVIEW U SAW WAS COVERING THE ENTIRE SEASON, I guess he is broke and may do mma. IT WAS NOT A BOXER DOING A SPINNING BACK FIST. Phone Post

MMAfan55 - It doesnt really seem like you an intelligent argument. boxing is still popular. it seems that FX show earned more than any TUF episode. Phone Post

it's a troll dude, meant to cause arguments.

it's not hard to see, the numbers they got would be considered a resounding success if it were TUF. it's a stupid statement, and just meant to cause args.

Boxing at and above Mayweather weight is an awful mess, but its hands down a bigger sport than MMA globally. The Klitchkos have been pretty much unchallenged for the last quarter century but they still pack arenas in Europe wherever they fight. Boxings still huge in Latin America, very popular in Japan as well (The ever popular Kameda Brothers are often used as a lead in to help out DREAM when they run on Primetime.)

MMA is more mainstream in the US and Canada but thats it. And Pac, Mayweather still do big business.

When I first started boxing at 15, all they talked about was boxing dying. I'm 27 now and it's still here. Phone Post

jvwand - 
AllAmericanBoxing - Boxing is still more popular than MMA. So how can boxing be dead? They get more PPV buys than the UFC has ever had consistently.

This may be true, and the statement that boxing is dead may be pushing it, but it is certainly dying at the moment. The only fight that anyone cares about happening right now is pac man vs. mayweather or any fight that they are involved with.

I work at a sports bar and if they put boxing on, its on that corner tv, you know the one that is still a tube tvthat they havent got rid of cause it still kind of works. its no one you have ever heard of and its not very high level.

MMA consistently puts on more quality shows with more quality fights than boxing. They have more stars and more rising stars.

Its not as international as boxing yet, but its only been around for a short time and it has covered a lot of ground in less than 2 decades.

GROSS PPV BUYS LAST YEAR. Boxing is done

I wouldn't say MMA is bigger in Canada either, with guys like Jean Pascal and Lucian Bute selling out all the time. Boxing will never die, been hearing this same out cry for the passed few years lol.

it's too big internationally, doesn't matter if MMA is bigger in N.America.

chokeyou - 
jvwand - 

GROSS PPV BUYS LAST YEAR. Boxing is done

It's funny how Boxing is done, while I pretty much agree, all it would take is one charismatic big American Heavyweight to show up on the scene and the sport would climb right back to the top in the States.  Like imagine if the Klits were from Ohio instead, boxing would dwarf MMA here.

I'm pretty sure the network that carries, "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" is not a bunch of morons.

boxing movies are awesome. something about watchign someone get punched in the face in slow motion is highly entertaining

It is not boxing, it is a drama built around a retired heavyweight champion... who happens to be white. you know, fantasy...

Looks like there will be some MMA in this show, in the preview for the season someone mentions "cage fighter"

yes, they show him taking an MMA fight, probably for money.