G.R.R.M. - "Fuck You If You Think I Won't Finish"

George R.R. Martin, the 65-year-old author of A Song of Ice and Fire, isn't exactly the fastest writer, much to the chagrin of fans who've gotten used to waiting years for their next fix. And then there's the nightmare scenario: What if GRRM dies before he completes the seventh book?

Well, ol' George has two words for anyone who brings up that depressing possibility: "Fuck you."

"I find that question pretty offensive, people speculating about my death and my health," he said, in an interview with the Swiss newspaper Tagesanzeiger. "So f**k you to those people."

He punctuated his point with a middle finger.

But fantasy nerds have been burned before—R.I.P. Robert Jordan—and Martin's books are so beloved that a certain segment of the internet goes on edge whenever he's seen in public instead of hunkered down to finish The Winds of Winter.

But whether he wins or he dies—those are the two options when you write Game of Thrones, obviously—it bears repeating: George R.R. Martin is not your bitch.

2 Likes

Hey guys check it out, george rr maetin jusy said, "fuck you!" to me. Phone Post 3.0

Is it just me or has he gotten uglier Phone Post 3.0

Fat fuck looks like he is going to croak any day now and he gets offended when people inquire about his health?

fanat - Fat fuck looks like he is going to croak any day now and he gets offended when people inquire about his health?

1 Like

fanat - Fat fuck looks like he is going to croak any day now and he gets offended when people inquire about his health?

Well, to be fair, people inquire about his health purely because they want the books, not because they care about him.  If he had finished the series, nobody would give a fuck about him

it would be pretty annoying that people only care if you live or die because they want you to finish a fantasy series.

Sub Phone Post 3.0

Mencken - 

Well, to be fair, people inquire about his health purely because they want the books, not because they care about him.  If he had finished the series, nobody would give a fuck about him

It wouldn't hurt him to eat a salad once in a while and do a little exercising for his own health, right?

I like him as a writer and maybe he could still write more interesting books in the future... if he makes it that is.

Mencken - 

Not true. I would still want him to live long enough to write the Robert's Rebellion book and some more Dunk and Egg. So not all of us fans are callous assholes.

1 Like

Mencken -

Not true. I want him to finish the novellas as well. Phone Post 3.0

martin just opened the meme flood gates

1 Like

OblongBox - 

lol. VU.

At this rate he needs to live about 9 more years easy to get through WoW. Phone Post 3.0

People were worried about Stephen King dying before he finished the Dark Tower series too, but he didn't seem offended. I got to go to a cool event where he was interviewed and then took audience questions. He was so laid back. It was at a fancy pants theater (the one where they do Prairie Home Companion) and out walks King in jeans, sweatshirt and a ball cap. He was cracking jokes the whole time. He really does seem like a regular guy. Phone Post 3.0

I know a lot of old people.

And I know a lot of fat people.

But I don't know any old, fat people.

"Just for insulting my health, Arya dies."- GRRM

The ultimate fuck you to the fans would be if he wrote just one hard copy of the final book, and only sold that one edition through an auction. Can you imagine how much money he would get for it? He would have the world's richest nerds competing for the right to be the only one (besides himself) to know how the series ends.