G. Ryan vs C. Jacobs

I was browsing youtube when I stumbled across the world catch champion Curran Jacobs calling out Gordon Ryan. I looked into this callout and it seems like Ryan might be interested in taking this match. If anyone is familiar with this situation please shed some light on it.

With what rules?

Not sure but I think Curran said that he would be down for any rule set. Looks like he even posted a text from Ryan or Tonon asking for the match. I hope they can get it done on Fight to win or some other grappling show.

What is a world catch champion?

Seems fair to say Gordon’s competition has been a bit steeper. 

Guessinf Gordon destroys unless he is at a huge size/weight disadvantage.  

Gordon just beat Josh Barnett who is a catch master

hedgefunder - 

What is a world catch champion?

Seems fair to say Gordon’s competition has been a bit steeper. 

Guessinf Gordon destroys unless he is at a huge size/weight disadvantage.  

I never knew there was such a thing either but there is. I watched a few of his matches on you tube and while he has great cardio I told a couple of my wrestling buddies that Ryan would sub him in a few minutes or less.

That is when I they said that Jacobs called Ryan out and that Ryan was hesitant to face him. I kind of laughed but they were serious. In any case I would love to see this match.

Lucas Maximus - 

Gordon just beat Josh Barnett who is a catch master

Yes he did. I hate to say this being a Josh B fan but Ryan made it look easy as well. Dude is a straight up grappling beast.

I was surprised how big he looked next to Barnett who is a true heavyweight

I did as well. Quintet had him listed at 211 or 212 but man does he look a lot heavier than that.

I train with him, I'd be surprised if he was only 210, he looks and feels bigger than that. The crazy thing is everyone talks about how strong and huge he is, but he's also super fast and agile on top of that. Kid is a freak of nature. 

green_machine - 

I train with him, I'd be surprised if he was only 210, he looks and feels bigger than that. The crazy thing is everyone talks about how strong and huge he is, but he's also super fast and agile on top of that. Kid is a freak of nature. 

When I saw him compete against Josh they had Josh listed at 230 something which is the lightest Ive ever heard Josh weighing. Then they announced Ryan’s weight as 211 or 212 and I couldn’t believe that either. Ryan looked leaner and a little smaller than Josh but not by much. Well maybe the scale was off and everyone weighed in lighter than what they really are.

I could also tell by the way he moved Josh around that he was strong as fuck. I mean even though josh is older, pulling guard on him takes balls. Well dude is a grappling freak for sure and I wish I was lucky enough to train with him like you are.

Didn’t that Curran Jacobs kid post a lot of anti-Josh Barnett stuff a while back?  Like Josh wasn’t a true catch wrestler etc and he would beat Barnett?  

curran jacobs doesnt want a single fucking thing to do with gordon ryan in any skillset that involves submissions, he only wants to go takedowns

Catch World Champion? Lol where’d they hold that tournament that no one has ever heard of? Never even heard of this dude either which I think says it all considering if won anything of actual value we would all know who he is.

What a crock. Gordan by literally whatever he wants.

Curran Jacob's is a nobody who competes at a thing that isn't even really a thing anymore. Gordon by whatever he wants. I bet Nicky beats Curran.

JoejitsuMD - 

Didn’t that Curran Jacobs kid post a lot of anti-Josh Barnett stuff a while back?  Like Josh wasn’t a true catch wrestler etc and he would beat Barnett?  

I think he did. Don’t get me wrong, Jacobs can wrestle but I would put money down on Josh and any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

TheThrill - curran jacobs doesnt want a single fucking thing to do with gordon ryan in any skillset that involves submissions, he only wants to go takedowns

I don’t think he realizes how fucking good Ryan is at grappling. For some reason I think he actually believes that he could beat Ryan. Either that or he is looking to get some attention.

BTTMike - 

Catch World Champion? Lol where’d they hold that tournament that no one has ever heard of? Never even heard of this dude either which I think says it all considering if won anything of actual value we would all know who he is.

What a crock. Gordan by literally whatever he wants.

I agree. And like Animal Mother said in his post I would put money on Nicky as well.

I hope I dont come off as putting Jacobs down either. The guy competes and he seems like a gentleman so if you are out there I have nothing but respect for you. I just think that those guys are better sub grapplers and they would tap you and pretty much anyone they face.

I always thought hed challenged him to a straight  wrestling match?