GA BJJers and those near..

June 8th we are hosting yet again another Rush Cup BJJ tournament. Gi and NoGi. $15 per division. We hold these tournaments to support the sport and donate to a good cause. We host in a large venue and have affordable concessions. We try to be "Americas most affordable tournament" and keep the quality and amenities of large tournaments. We started this as in-house fun at our gym and have grown to 200 competitors and a large venue all while keeping the registration low. Just putting the word out here for all you Ga grapplers and those close by. We've had em come from all surrounding states to enjoy a day of fun. We try to arrange as many matches for competitors as we can, even if lost in first Rnd, all while keeping the tourny running in a timely manner. Since we couldn't get the UG logo on Cole Millers shorts for this past fight, I plan on hanging a banner at the venue to support and keep this sport growing. Thx UG Phone Post 3.0

venue location?

photo flyerjune.jpg

photo flyerjuneemail.jpg

Hunter V - venue location?

Thx for reminder..i was on my phone

You can't beat that with bat Phone Post 3.0

in

Looks good. How are the masters divisions broken down? It just says white belt on the flyer. Is there going to be a masters nogi as well? Phone Post

I have a few questions about the kids divisions if you want to shoot me a PM. (or here, either way)

Let me know if Alex is gonna go. Mine wants to start grappling and I'm looking for kids to choke him:-)

ChipW - 

Looks good. How are the masters divisions broken down? It just says white belt on the flyer. Is there going to be a masters nogi as well? Phone Post

Yes there will be a Masters No-Gi as well and also breaking it down by weight/skill. We added like 8 divisions on the fly last tournament. Its easy to see the objective of the tournament when you get there. We try to match people accordingly and if there are enough to make a new division, We are always prepared to. I wouldnt even begin to be able to have this tournament without the help of others who share the same passion as me for this, they help tremendously with reffing and scoring and making sure the overall tourny runs well. Its a super fun tournament with no pressure on the line such as a $100 entry fee. That makes it all the better, no worries of losing that first match and the day being a waste.

awesomestprime - I have a few questions about the kids divisions if you want to shoot me a PM. (or here, either way)

Whats up brother, what can i answer for ya

How many kids around 10 and 80 pounds will there be? More importantly are there any studs around that weight?

The real reason I ask is he has a couple wrestling buddies who do really well at grappling tournaments and I'm in the process of trying to convince him he needs to train right now and not worry about tournaments. He's a decent/above average wrestler but very new to submission grappling. Basically, I'm looking for a kid (or two) to tap him.

That's why I asked Chip if his son might go. He's modest, but his son is a hammer. Not sure about his JJ but I'd bet dollars to donuts the little guy is a stud.

To put it simply, my boy needs a reality check:-) If nothing else, I just don't want him to win grappling matches by wrestle fucking kids. If he wants to wrestle..... lets wrestle. If he wants to grapple... lets grapple.

Not sure if that makes sense? LOL

LOL awesome..I have a kid around 80lbs thats a damn good grappler..hes 12 though, BUT I have 2 more right off the bat coming that are stud grapplers and wrestlers..hopefully hell enjoy it and get plenty of mat time and and make the transition well, friend

12 year old 80 pound stud grappler is EXACTLY what I'm looking for!

makes travel arrangements

Thanks buddyhawk, ill be there for the old fart division. 

Hey Prime,  I doubt Alex will be there.  He hasn’t done any sub grappling in over a year and is signed up for summer soccer.  If he wants to go Ill bring him though.   I think coach Pitts is coming and will compete in the adult div. and Im going to try and get a kid who just finished up wrestling at UTC to come.   He knows no real submissions but is a beast to catch in anything and can double leg you into Bolivia.  LOL 

BuddyDAhawk, you should post this on the atama subforum as well.  

ChipW -

Thanks buddyhawk, ill be there for the old fart division. 

Hey Prime,  I doubt Alex will be there.  He hasn’t done any sub grappling in over a year and is signed up for summer soccer.  If he wants to go Ill bring him though.   I think coach Pitts is coming and will compete in the adult div. and Im going to try and get a kid who just finished up wrestling at UTC to come.   He knows no real submissions but is a beast to catch in anything and can double leg you into Bolivia.  LOL 

Lol awesome Phone Post 3.0

I fought on a card with Bubby and,a few of his guys in Houma, La. , all of them were class acts (even through the strange happenings that night) , best of luck on your tournament Phone Post

TTT Phone Post 3.0