Gain strength without weight?

Strength has more to do with CNS stimulation so yes. Try my rest pause workout or get Wiggy's excellent book on singles and doubles. Keep your caloric intake the same and you will have no problem getting stronger without adding on any weight.

Mike Mahler
www.mikemahler.com

As Mike Mahler pointed out above it is a matter of performing movements in a specific manner which heightens neural firing.

You can try this with any number of movements.

thank you
coach Hale
www.maxcondition.com
www.torqueathletic.com

Yeh but training your CNS only trains it to improve in the movement its doing. There is limited, if any, carry over from strength in specific lift to strength in an athletic movement.

I did not read the whole post but i ballooned up to a beefy 190 at 5'8. (not cut). I was on a BB workout routine. I then completely abandoned the routine and started doing all power/strength/and BWE excersizes. My dead lifts, squats and cleans have all doubled. So yes if you have fat absolutely. If you have less its harder to do so but still possible.

"I can lift more on the more 'simple' lifts then when I started 2yrs ago. Squat is up from 150lbs to 319lbs. Bench was about 100lbs or so, or even THAT when I started training. Now its up to about 200lbs. I can DL much more, jump higher, press more."

Are you suggesting that there were no changes in body-composition in the two years you went from squating 150lbs to 319lbs. Cuz that's kinda the point of the thread. Do you look exactly as you did when you were a novice lifter?

It also seems that the folks who cite improvements in neural drive are using their performance on exercises as evidence of their strength gains. But how can you show that increases in efficiency at these movements is going to be meaningful outside of the gym?

The teeth thingie is supposedly from the amount of chocolate the English eat.