Gained 8 pounds in 3 days

I am not trying to bitch and make excuses but this is how hard it is for me to lose weight. I have been doing low carb for about a month. Not super low carb, around 50 g of carbs a day. I have lost around 15 pounds. Last Thursday in the AM I was at 231 (this was my last weigh in until today). 

On Thursday my son was having a sleep over and we were getting pizza. I hadn't had a cheat day in a month so I said fuck it and ate some pizza. Friday I ate clean, Saturday I said fuck it and had a whole cheat day. Had steak and eggs with potatoes and a few bites of pancakes for breakfast. Had a burrito for lunch, and a burrito for dinner. This was all in between a trip to the mountains where we hiked a lot. Sunday (yesterday) I ate clean. 

This morning I weighed in and I weight 239. 

FOR FUCKS SAKE

In all reality I ate bad for two days with gaps in between. I gained more than half of what I lost in a month back in two days of not eating clean? FML

FYI, I am back on the wagon today, just as I was yesterday. I will lose this weight but this is a fucking uphill battle. I look at the wrong food and gain weight. 

that might be water weight from all the sodium in the foods from your all day cheat

If you have been low carb, your muscles were not full of glycogen. Eating carbs filled up your glycogen stores, and as a byproduct added water weight.

So your scale weight went up, but you likely didn't gain any real body fat.

zenjpc - If you have been low carb, your muscles were not full of glycogen. Eating carbs filled up your glycogen stores, and as a byproduct added water weight.

I pretty much figured it was water weight. Still, that is a ridiculous swing, right?

Your colon is full as is your stomach and a lot of water weight. Eat clean again and within two days and some toilet trips you will be back to where you started.

You'll be back down in a few days. Phone Post 3.0

Depending on the day and depending on what I ate, I'm anywhere from 15-30 lbs over weight! Phone Post 3.0

Phuckles -
zenjpc - If you have been low carb, your muscles were not full of glycogen. Eating carbs filled up your glycogen stores, and as a byproduct added water weight.

I pretty much figured it was water weight. Still, that is a ridiculous swing, right?

Go for an hour long sweat run. You will run that fuel and water off. Phone Post 3.0

FETT_TFK_El Pescadero - Depending on the day and depending on what I ate, I'm anywhere from 15-30 lbs over weight! Phone Post 3.0
Vu for Forest Whitaker Phone Post 3.0

BubblesNS -
Phuckles -

Go for an hour long sweat run. You will run that fuel and water off. Phone Post 3.0
Dude is an overweight 231. I think a one hour jog and walk is more in-line with reality.

TBH, I don't think he needs to do it. It mostly is water weight, and the above poster is correct that a lot of it will be in his glycogen stores.

Just continue eating properly and following an exercise routine with weights and Cardio. Phone Post 3.0

50g carbs a day is really low, I always had good results with 1g per lb of bodyweight when trying to lose weight or back loading carbs after the gym, sounds as if you're really depleted and your body is trying to store anything it can get.

50 grams is really low Phucks. Guaranteed water weight due to the increased carbs over the weekend. 

At 231 8lbs is about 3% of your body weight. It might seem like a big swing but it's just water weight and you will drop it quickly over the next 3 to 4 days of exercise and proper eating. Don't give up bro. Think the long game. Your correct getting back on it asap.... Phone Post 3.0

Everyone is right about water weight and glycogen. When I wrestled I was on a very low carb diet and super lean. If I ate a bowl of oatmeal I would gain a few pounds. Each gram of glycogen holds something like 3 grams of water.

In Limbo -

that might be water weight from all the sodium in the foods from your all day cheat

This and only this

I put on 10 during my cheat days Phone Post 3.0