Gaining mass - recommend websites

Hi,

I understand that to gain mass, I have to eat truckloads and train hard. Some thngs I have read have told me to train in the 6-8 reps range, and others in the 10-12 reps range - both workouts are specifically for gaining mass and strength. Which is advice is better?

Also, apart from fitrex.com, does anyone have addresses for websites with workout info, routines etc. especially if the site makes them for you custom???

Thanks y'all

stick to under 10 reps.

www.hypertrophy-specific.com

thanks urquhart!

Any more guys???

For strength and mass stick under 10 reps. You could do 5 sets of 5 if you wanted to. 6-8 reps is another good scheme to use as well.

There's lots of good articles on t-mag.com, just go over there and browse around... expect to lose a lot of time, so don't do it from work. :-)

I second the above, t-mag is a goldmine. As far as rep ranges go, do stuff in all ranges, either in the same workout or by periodically changing up your routines - there should be plenty of decent routines and ideas on the above website. There's no magic routine - experiment and try out as many systems as take your fancy.

For what it's worth, I've made the best gains in size using the following broad principles:

- train frequently and consistently, (3-4 times per week)

- avoid failure

- base workouts around compound movements, esp the squat and deadlift, with chins, dips and benches etc as well.

- keep workouts varied

- eat a shit load

- sleep for England, (or wherever, depending on your nationality)

Like I say, this is just what I have found to best for ME, I have no desire to get into an argument with any HIT advocates out there if they follow the exact opposite of the above...

I like the MAX-OT and Westside routines....

My only advise is not to shoot for mass and mass alone. Make sure that whatever size you gain is functional. Do this by focusing on compound exercises like Deadlifts, Squats, Pull-ups, Bench Press (mix in some dumbells to hit those stabilizers as well).

Also, don't neglect some type of cardio or generally athletic activity whether it be jumproping, plyometrics, MMA, or general training (I'm using Bas's MMA workout). I've made the mistake of avoiding cardio with the belief that it would inhibit some of my muscle growth. Whether this was true or not, I was a big guy who couldn't run up a flight of stairs w/out nearly having an asthma attack. Gain mass, but don't do so at the expense of your overall health.

How about...EATING!!

Eating is what gets you big. CALORIES! All the heavy weights in the world won't do dick if you put no calories behind them.