Galvao will upset Gordon

I don’t think his gas tank is going to make a big difference to his effectiveness. He’s on film saying (and showing) he doesn’t base his game on athleticism or explosivity.

I actually think he ushered in a new era of BJJ that is far more technical than athletic, the latter being represented Galvao.

I don’t see Galvao beating him in any way.

2 Likes
2 Likes

The amount of details gordon goes through in his instructionals are insane. This is just the consumer version of what goes through his head on those particular techniques. I watched his attacking from pins vid and I can’t even absorb all of it if I were to watch it 50 times. Gordon and Danaher break things down that I don’t think guys like Galvao even realize they are doing

5 Likes

This is correct

1 Like

Pena also beats Gordon everytime.

The guy who had his knee ripped in half by Tex a few years ago now? I don’t understand why people hold that opinion.

Galvao gets subbed if he attempts to actually grapple. He’s not a finisher, and his only path to victory is stalling to a point victory.

Gordon subs him 100/100 in a no time limit, sub only match.

2 Likes

Pena beat a very young Gordon. Pena wants no part of him now.

Gordon is the best in the world, and no one wants to face him. That tells you something.

1 Like

The thing about the pena talk is if pena wanted this match, he’d get it. It probably be a huge payday too. No way Gordon turns down this match. You know he is sick of everyone bringing up his name.

Note: in Pena’s defense, think he refuses to fight under Gordon’s rule set

Yeah, plus in his last major no gi match he lost to a literal whipping boy gatekeeper for the elite grapplers in tex. Not only that, he was seriously injured not tapping to a heel hook, and then blamed everyone but himself for the injury even though it was clear he should have tapped.

Gordon thrives in pure jiu jitsu, which is no time limit and sub only. It removes the stalling and point-grappling.

No one wants to face Gordon without the crutch of stalling. Pure technique they get finished. Pena and the rest know this now. And Gordon isn’t even his prime yet.

2 Likes

Can we talk about how cringey Gordon is right now wearing the cowboy hat and clothes?

3 Likes

It’s funny that even though danis sucks now, he has a ton of social media appeal and following and Gordon is low key jealous af. He goes so hard in the paint with the danis hate and Dillon doesn’t even bother addressing him because literally nobody outside of jiu jitsu cares what Gordon has to say lol. And like if you were to introduce someone to grappling by showing them Gordon Ryan, they probably wouldn’t be interested since he’s such an off putting douche when he’s out being a tryhard. Everyone says he’s cool in a jiu jitsu context but so am I and I can be a huge dick otherwise.

1 Like

I’d say that roger already blazed that trail.

I also think that in general the leg lock game has matured to a point where many competitors are competent with it. It wasn’t that long ago that legs were so neglected that there was a huge gap in knowledge. You could see it just by looking at the gordon/cyborg match.

I forget what gordon’s exact path was to victory at adcc. Great guys, but I think they were almost all pretty close, esp for guys his size.

Roger was definitely the tip of the spear. I’ve never been around Roger or seen an instructional by him, but I’d be surprised if he was as articulate as Danaher or Gordon regarding dilemma creation and grappling principles.

I agree regarding leg locks - most competitors are now competent enough that leg submissions seem to happen rarely.

Roger’s been incredibly successful and I think he has a strong case for the GOAT, but I don’t think he’s on the same level intellectually (in BJJ) as Danaher or Gordon.

That’s a strong ADCC.

All the credit in the world to danaher and gordon being articulate. I even prefer gordon in that area bc he’s more succinct.

I was thinking more about people his size. Lucas Barbosa was a big win. I’d give him the edge on buchecha but that was a razor difference… He’s the best right now, but I’m just saying that he’s not in a category by himself. There’s several people right in the thick of it with him and I’d like to see how he’d do in a rematch with pregucia… or craig jones

There is no way Galvao can beat Gordon imo. He can’t tap him, and he can’t score any points on him.

1 Like

“Dilemma creation” is the most Danaher term ever. The dude is getting fucking insufferable plus the way he turned his back on the b team to suck Gordon’s dick shows a lot about his character. Always a hanger on. First it was GSP.

He’s not though. He’s like Mike Tyson using big words for relatively simple concepts. Gordon is a retard.

Ref Dec?