Game of Thrones books TME

I want to grab the books and start reading them to get caught up hopefully before the next season starts. There are a few different versions available. Probably a stupid question but will I miss out on anything by getting the $20 5 book paperback set? If I grab World of Ice and Fire as well should I hold off on reading that until after I read the 5 books? I have alot of theories and questions from the seasons and figure that the books will fill in the blanks. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

get the books, they are awesome, you will rage and cry and all that

Just get the paperback set, you won't miss out on anything

Don't read the new anthology until you read the other books

Don't read anything secondary before finishing the books.

That set is fine. Probably the cheapest route to go.

The books are fantastic, you'll enjoy them. Phone Post 3.0

I don't know about these books in particular but the special additions usually just have an extra appendix or letter from the author. Phone Post 3.0

books give more of what the character is thinking when they do the things they do.

wish i had never heard of the series because it will more than likely never be finished.

first three posts nail it, I just want to echo the sentiments.  

thanks for the info. ill vtfu everyone, may take a week because of the one a day thing. Phone Post

microMx - get the books, they are awesome, you will rage and cry and all that
Exactly. Phone Post 3.0

microMx - get the books, they are awesome, you will rage and cry and all that
Exactly.
The end of 5... Phone Post 3.0

The books are fantastic. Phone Post 3.0

Get the books and enjoy. So much detail and you'll really appropriate the depth of the story.

Hopefully GRRM will finish the next two books before his heart explodes in a coke fueled bender while banging a bunch of hookers. Phone Post 3.0

Buy all the books, start reading daily now

You should finish all before the next season.

Don't get world of ice and fire till you've read all 5 books, all 3 dunk and eggs and watched this latest season Phone Post 3.0

Plan on reading them at least twice

KGB4HD - Plan on reading them at least twice
This too.

You won't full grasp the story on just one reading, 2nd times the charm Phone Post 3.0

Then when you're done with those you read Wheel of Time. Then when you're done with those you read The Dark Tower series. Phone Post 3.0