GameCube Games that You Must Have

I only have Metroid Prime!! What else should I get? I mostly like FPS. Is Red Faction 2 any good?

I really liked Rocky and Mario Golf.

I know they're kind of kiddish but they're good when you have people over and just want to play friends

BTW, what is FPS?

Gameground

First person shooters. Any other suggestions?

Played Ikaruga the other day. Really awesome. Definitely gonna buy that one.

Zelda

What is Ikaruga?

Also, should I sell the Medal of Honor I have for the PS2 and get the Cube version for it's multiplayer feature, or is it not worth it?

I am kind of burnt out on Zelda, don't have the time I use to. What about Red Faction, is this game dope as hell?

I can tell you that TimeSplitters2 is excellent. Very much like Goldeneye and Perfect Dark. The Cube version is supposed to be the best, too.
I haven't played the new Red Faction. The last one was pretty good, and a lot like Halflife.

Ikaruga is an old-school, scrolling shooter, something I don't have the knack for.

So far, Eternal Darkness is the best game I've played on GC. Zelda also rules. Animal Crossing can be addicting, if you've got a roommate who's also playing. SuperSmashBros is one of my favorite fighting games of all time, tons of replay value.

Eternal Darkness

Zelda

Time Spilters to like 007, sounds like my type of game.

The new Zelda looks like a cartoon. Is it worth all the time/money or is it a little kiddy game?

Shit, everyone is saying Eternal Darkness, but it looks a lot like Resident Evil, which I thought sucked dick.

To the gamergound.

To hell with you and your gameground, you saw that title, you clicked on it, your bad for reading.

TS2 looks off the hook. Anyone had experience with RF2?

ABBA

Ikaruga is a shooter (not FPS, old school shooter). It's vertical scrolling like Raiden. It's a great game and very challenging. Check out the review at Gamespot.

Gamer ground

ummm UCLApimp ... chill dude, I'm just suggesting a mod move it there.

sorry bout the threadjack but is zelda windwaker as good as zelda-ocarina of time? Ocarina fuckin rocked

Timesplitters 2 does rule. Great multiplayer, too.

The new Zelda looks like a cartoon. Is it worth all the time/money or is it a little kiddy game?
It's huge. It's action. It's not easy. Yeah, it's cute, but it's good, real good. If you played Ocarina of Time, you know the deal. Like that, only faster, bigger, and more of it. Top quality, even if it is really cute.

Shit, everyone is saying Eternal Darkness, but it looks a lot like Resident Evil, which I thought sucked dick.
It is like Resident Evil, only like RE on acid with Butthole Surfers blaring on the stereo.
More action than RE. Lots of hack and slash, crazy magic, good replay value, and an occult theme. The "insanity effects" gimmick of the game actually got to me like no RE ever has, totally frickin' brilliant. I don't want to spoil too much, but as the game progresses, if you don't maintain your sanity, things... happen. You have to see it to get it.

Are any of these appropriate for a five year old? My son has a gamecube but I know nothing about it.

he plays super mario, foxstar or starfox (something like that), thorx(?) and maybe a few others.

we also just got him a gameboy that connects to the gamecube. does anyone else do this?

btw, can you please explain what a "first person shooter" is?

sorry for such basic questions. i'm like one of those disconnected parents when it comes to this stuff.

Are any of these appropriate for a five year old?
Not Eternal Darkness, TimeSplitters, or many of the others mentioned.

SuperSmashBrothers
Mario Sunshine
Super Monkey Ball (1 and 2)
Wave Race
Disney Sports Soccer
are all top-rated games that a 5 year old can play.

If he can read already, Animal Crossing is an excellent game for a parent and child to play together. You play at different times, but you can write to each other in the game, as well as send gifts and pass messages through the 'neighbors'. Very social game.
Me and my GF love it.

first person shooter = kill 'em all type of game played from the main character's eyes, like Doom, Quake, or Halflife. Generally very violent.