Gameness Pearl Gi..Comments or reviews?

I am thinking about getting a black gameness pearl, but the reviews I have read on Budo isn't good at all. Stating not an everyday gi or tirm ripping off. It is either this or another Spartan for me...can you the rollers of the group shed some light to this gi?

Like the top, dont like the pants.

Knucklhead is my new favorite.

Spartan over the Gameness Pearl for sure. Much better gi, imo.

Wow the reviews are not good for that after all. I do love the Spartan I have now, but also thinking about Vulkan (cause read they are made great for tall people) or the Spartan. I have a classmate that is a wholeseller so these brands I can get great deals on.

Vulcan top is nice and fairly durable but the pants are terrible in my experience. I had two and both pants ripped within a few weeks.

AlliancePA - Vulcan top is nice and fairly durable but the pants are terrible in my experience. I had two and both pants ripped within a few weeks.

Nice I talked with my buddy and he said Ouano Pearls are great. So I am either going to get one of these or a Spartan again. Thank you guys for the comments for you saved me from getting a bad Gi.

I saw this ad in GracieMag. Breakpointfc.com you buy their gi it comes with two sets of pants.

I dont know anything about them but I thought that was pretty cool.

I haven't tried the Ouano pearl yet. TTT for other people who have to comment.

gameness pearls are actually pretty good. we mainly sell gamness at our school and alot of the students really like them. i actually was planning on walking in the school yesterday to buy one since we got some in the day before and they were already gone. if you like the koral gi's you'll like the pearl. the only thing is that you may have to shrink it a lil bit or get a smaller size. other than that...they are great gi's. you can get them really cheap from budovideos.com

AlliancePA - Vulcan top is nice and fairly durable but the pants are terrible in my experience. I had two and both pants ripped within a few weeks.

I've heard that Vulcan and Koral are made by the same people. Is this true? Koral pants have the same problem.

i actually like the gameness pearl. good gi a bit on the thin side as far as lapel. lightweight. pants are good and have a rope drawstring.

i think it is a solid gi.

i have never seena black one though my experience is with the white.

nate787 -
I've heard that Vulcan and Koral are made by the same people. Is this true? Koral pants have the same problem.

That is not true. The owner of Vulcan used to work for Koral.

Peoria Athletic Club - 
AlliancePA - Spartan over the Gameness Pearl for sure. Much better gi, imo.

2 different thing mang!

gameness pearl is one of my favorites... ive had it for a year and its a great gi.... i just got a spartan and its super nice also but its like a winter coat to the pearl... the spartan will be ideal this winter though for sure!!!!! well made gi too!

They are two different things. But while the Gameness Pearl is a lighter material, it doesn't breath well at all so it isn't any better for hot weather, imo. If someone is looking for a lighter gi then I would recommend the Superlite Shoyoroll. The Keiko Raca summer weave is also a nice gi for warmer weather.

Well, I read to many bad reviews about the Patches and trim ripping off and the size is off for me in the gameness. I have an A5 Plat. and the sleeves are perfect, but the body has way to much slack in it. So, I tried a few on and I really liked the Ouano Pearl (black). So I ordered that one for it seems to fit longer limbs vs width.

Also, The Spartan is a very light weight Gi, I love it during the summer workouts and it does breathe better then most I have tried. As for the weight..I really don't care cause it is what it is.

The pearl does not have any patches on it. And i love my blue pearl gameness Gi.

I'm a fan of the Gameness Pearl. I've been doing this for 14 years and have had every brand of gi. For my body, the fit is perfect, the price is right, and Budo will send one out in a couple of days. My fav gi is the Koral, but the price is a ballbuster.

if you like the korals youll like the gameness pearls. there really isnt much of a difference.

Gameness suck I bought a pearl and two weeks later it ripped in the sleeve, they took it back which was great got another pearl and that ripped in the pants...so yeah now I just use it as a gym rag. Go with any other gi.

ninja316 - if you like the korals youll like the gameness pearls. there really isnt much of a difference.

aside from being completely different in fit,feel, and look there isnt much of a difference.