Gaming laptop recommendations

I've decided to bite the bullet and invest in a nice laptop that I can game on, preferably something that can run all the newest games and will keep up with things for a while. I'm going to spend whatever it takes... but I know fuck all about the specs I would need. 

Can you guys link me to some good deals?

I don't know about their laptops but I got a desktop from www.ibuypower.com and am pretty happy with it. Go there and put together what you want. Just google reviews for the parts that you are interested in.

If you don't need a laptop right now they always have sales around the holiday so there should be one the last weekend of the month for Labor Day.

Gotta be a laptop... need to be able to take it to work.

they have laptops too

Where I really need help is knowing WHAT to buy... I don't know what sort of specs are current standard, let alone top of the line. I want to go high end but short of just buying the most expensive rig I see I don't know how to go about it.

Any certain features you want in the laptop?

15 or 17 inch monitor
what type of hard drive and how much storage do you need

Either 15 or 17 is fine. As much storage as possible. I don't know what kind of HD is good for gaming?

LOOK INTO PUDGET SYSTEMS.......THEY HAVE SOME PRETTY NICE LAPTOPS FOR GAMING.

I recently picked up a new MSI gaming laptop. Very happy with it. Phone Post

I have an Asus and I love it.

I'll look at some when I get to a computer Phone Post

looking at the CyberPower Fangbook X7-200, but I didn't like the sound of this "In Far Cry 3, the Fangbook was able to run at the default medium settings with frame rates in the mid-40s. We also ran the game on high, where the laptop yielded an average 30fps, though the inconsistent dips make this ill-advised."

$1550 for Medium settings... am I really going to have to drop 2000 plus to get a top notch gaming experience?

Msi for low cost, if I was to spend any amount probably an Alienware. They looks bad ass and are bad ass. They are expensive and dare say overpriced but Id get one if I had the loot.

CharlesLewis - 

looking at the CyberPower Fangbook X7-200, but I didn't like the sound of this "In Far Cry 3, the Fangbook was able to run at the default medium settings with frame rates in the mid-40s. We also ran the game on high, where the laptop yielded an average 30fps, though the inconsistent dips make this ill-advised."

$1550 for Medium settings... am I really going to have to drop 2000 plus to get a top notch gaming experience?

I spent 2300 on mine.  In hindsight, and maybe a stronger bit of willpower, I would have bought an underpowered referbished model with the mobo and video card I wanted, and then do after market upgrades on a SSD set, upgraded chip, and ram.

Might have saved me a few hundred, but as it is, I am extremely satisfied with what I have.

http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Valkyrie_CZ-27_Gaming_Laptop_3

If you don't want to spend over 2000 this is a pretty good setup. I think it looks better than the cyberpower and I'm pretty sure that ibuypower is cheaper than cyberpower if you make the same build.

xNate - 

I also bought an Asus in January. Works fantastic. Ran me about $1800, which is significantly more it cost to build my desktop, which has similar specs. I needed a quality laptop to keep me occupied during extended chemotherapy sessions, and you can't just throw together a gaming laptop like you can a desktop. My other laptop is not made for gaming and gets pretty warm just from playing video. The Asus stays cool no matter what game I'm playing so far, which is reassuring.

Sublime7SD - 
xNate - 

I also bought an Asus in January. Works fantastic. Ran me about $1800, which is significantly more it cost to build my desktop, which has similar specs. I needed a quality laptop to keep me occupied during extended chemotherapy sessions, and you can't just throw together a gaming laptop like you can a desktop. My other laptop is not made for gaming and gets pretty warm just from playing video. The Asus stays cool no matter what game I'm playing so far, which is reassuring.

check out themalake laptop coolers.  they help a ton.  will extend the life of your laptop by years.

Which Asus models? What games are you guys running on them?

xNate - 
Sublime7SD - 
xNate - 

check out themalake laptop coolers.  they help a ton.  will extend the life of your laptop by years.

I have a laptop cooling tray. Not Thermaltake, though.

My Asus model number is G75V. I play a whole lot of games, but I think the most graphic intensive games I've run so far were Skyrim and maybe Resident Evil 6. Both ran flawlessly on maximum settings. That said, I'm perfectly content playing games with textures scaled down, so this should last me quite a way into the future. Graphics rank distantly behind gameplay, story, amount of content and ease of control in order of importance for me, so the next few generations of games that release should run pretty well with the settings scaled down, if I need to. I tend to get 5+ years of solid gaming out of a computer, usually only upgrading out of necessity or convenience. I'm not the type of guy that buys a new video card every time one is released.

But having one that's capable of running beastly games and making them look beautiful is nice, I won't deny that. If I had unlimited disposable income, I'd definitely upgrade every chance I got.

CharlesLewis - 

Which Asus models? What games are you guys running on them?

Asus g75vw - DS72 

17.3" Full HD (1920*1080)

Intel Core i7-3820QM Processor (2.70GHz - 3.7GHz, 8MB Cache)

16GB DDR3

Nvidia GTX 670M 3G GDDR5

750GB 7200RPM + 256G SSD

Blu-ray writer enabled DVD±RW/CD-RW

Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)

802.11BGN/2.0MP Camera/Bluetooth 4.0/8 Cell Battery/HDMI/Mini Displayport/Instant On/Bag&Mouse

2YR Global Warranty/1YR Accidental Damage Protection/30-Day Zero Bright Dot/2-way FREE shipping/24-7 tech support

BF3, BL2, FarCry3 + Blood dragon, Dishonored, Skyrim, WombRaider, Xcom, Warframe....

so yeah, like, anything I want.