Gaming?

I know a lot of you don't do PC but personally I don't consider someone a "gamer" unless you do play PC. How do you guys feel about this?

Agreed.

Well, I don't consider you a "gamer" unless you play pen and paper dungeons and dragons.

I can't play the most amazing game in the past decade on a PC

Mario Galaxy Phone Post

odennis - How do you guys feel about this?
I think it's really stupid. Video games started on consoles and arcade machines.

And I'd bet more people console than PC.

I've been video gaming for about 30 years, sometimes console, sometimes PC. It's all the same really.

agreed

I don't consider you a "gamer" unless you play checkers competitively. To be serious, this is elitist nonsense. It's like say you're not a real "drinker" unless you always drink hard liquor. Or you're not a real "fighter" unless you practice kung fu as your primary. It's all subjective and opinion.

A gamer to me is someone that plays video games on a fairly regular basis, on any console/computer. This is only my opinion. The only real argument for this could be considering a gamer a REAL gamer if they get paid/endorsed to do it.

Why does it matter?

Speaking as someone who used to review games for a living, has worked in the game industry, and is speaking at a games conference next week, you're misguided. Good luck with the world. Phone Post

Ok ok ok but you have to admit playing games with your thumbs is pretty gay!?

BigRyana - I don't consider you a "gamer" unless you play checkers competitively. To be serious, this is elitist nonsense. It's like say you're not a real "drinker" unless you always drink hard liquor. Or you're not a real "fighter" unless you practice kung fu as your primary. It's all subjective and opinion.

A gamer to me is someone that plays video games on a fairly regular basis, on any console/computer. This is only my opinion. The only real argument for this could be considering a gamer a REAL gamer if they get paid/endorsed to do it.

So you are telling me someone that drinks Mike's Hard all day long is a "drinker"?

odennis - 
BigRyana - I don't consider you a "gamer" unless you play checkers competitively. To be serious, this is elitist nonsense. It's like say you're not a real "drinker" unless you always drink hard liquor. Or you're not a real "fighter" unless you practice kung fu as your primary. It's all subjective and opinion.

So you are telling me someone that drinks Mike's Hard all day long is a "drinker"?

haha exactly

Console pussies aren't real gamers. Never will be. If there was cross platforms they'd all get their shit pushed in and rage quit

FloridaStriker - 
odennis - 

haha exactly

Console pussies aren't real gamers. Never will be. If there was cross platforms they'd all get their shit pushed in and rage quit

Not exactly true. Probably not true in any genre outside of RTS and FPS and MMO type games.

Console gamers make the best sport game players, fighters, platforms, beat em ups, racing, etc.

Some games just aren't made for control pads, and some games are just not made for keyboard and mouse. And yes, using a control pad on a pc is basically console gaming, just like using keyboard and mouse on a console would be like computer gaming.

I play both but like console gaming way better.

odennis - Ok ok ok but you have to admit playing games with your thumbs is pretty gay!?
Yeah, because pushing a bar of soap around while your other hand awkwardly rests on a tool designed to take dictation is pure man.

BigWilliam - Why does it matter?

This is probably the most emotionally well-balanced post on this thread.

El_Clap - Well, I don't consider you a "gamer" unless you play pen and paper dungeons and dragons.
This.

when one is an elitist gamer, they have truly become an ultimate loser.

Elitism serves no purpose in the long run.

When I first started in this industry, everybody wanted to work on the PC titles. The console FPS's were shitty ports from awesome PC games.

Now the PC is the shitty port more often than not, so everybody wants to work on the Main SKU as always.

Just have all consoles, and a PC. Whichever one they put the best version of the game out on, buy that version. Brand loyalty is stupid once you factor in what can go wrong with game development.

Find out which version is the least buggy, and buy that one.

Lee Sin - Every console game is pretty noob with the exception of street fighter 4, PC gamers are on a much higher plane skillwise than console gamers.

so you really pride yourself in VIDEO GAME playing, eh? you sound cool.