Gangs of New York final scene

I finally watched this movie.  Really good.  The final scene is so cool. 

Cant tell me DDL aint the GOAT.

good ending

"The blood stays on the blade"

BruteDion -

Leo is better 

The Departed is the GOAT gangster movie 

The ending was brilliant

Vegito Blue -
BruteDion -

Leo is better 

stop

Joe O'Brien -
stonerbc -

To this day I don't understand that quote or why it was at all significant.
You cannot wash away your sins

Vegito Blue -

Spelled Goodellas wrong.

"But for those of us what lived and died in them furious days, it was like everything we knew was mightily swept away. And no matter what they did to build this city up again... for the rest of time... it would be like no one ever knew we was even here."

*music kicks in* 

Amazing film. One of Scorseses best imo.

SteelyRes211 -
Vegito Blue -

Spelled Goodellas wrong.
So did you...

primetime56 -
SteelyRes211 -
Vegito Blue -

Spelled Goodellas wrong.
So did you...
Hahaha

One thing that bothered me about the movie was how Bill the Butcher killing Priest Vallon was supposed to kinda be the beginning of the end for him pyschologically. Vallon was the only worthy enemy and all that. But the way in which Bill killed Vallon wasn't very honorable. Bill acted towards Vallon the same shitty way he did towards everyone else. I'm not sure if that was supposed to be intentional when it is never called out.

anthonyMI - 

One thing that bothered me about the movie was how Bill the Butcher killing Priest Vallon was supposed to kinda be the beginning of the end for him pyschologically. Vallon was the only worthy enemy and all that. But the way in which Bill killed Vallon wasn't very honorable. Bill acted towards Vallon the same shitty way he did towards everyone else. I'm not sure if that was supposed to be intentional when it is never called out.

They were in a bloody street knife riot. He called out Vallon name before he struck so not like he got him in the back. Also, it's kinda why he held the man in high regard and why he wanted Amsterdam to kill him. Yes he let Amsterdam kill him at the end. He could killed Leo easily but he wanted to 'die a true American' so he toyed with him, giving him little slashes instead of killshots, and then finally gave him the nod to do it at the end. he wanted to die in battle and by the priest son was ideal.

Joe O'Brien -
LikeH2O -
Joe O'Brien -
stonerbc -

To this day I don't understand that quote or why it was at all significant.
You cannot wash away your sins
I though confession and accepting Christ did exactly that.
I don't think it works that way in the movies either

Bill the Butcher seemed like a way cooler person in real life. I once visited his grave at Greenwood Cemetery in Brooklyn and took a pic. Someone left him a dollar. I stole it.

http://imgur.com/NFqkRcc

HokutoShinken - Bill the Butcher seemed like a way cooler person in real life. I once visited his grave at Greenwood Cemetery in Brooklyn and took a pic. Someone left him a dollar. I stole it.

http://imgur.com/NFqkRcc

Mookie 3:16 -

I finally watched this movie.  Really good.  The final scene is so cool. 

IT GETS ME EVERYTIME.