Garage/Tag Sales

Does anyone here actually waste their time setting up and having a garage sale? In my area this weekend is apparently the weekend to have a sale, they are everywhere.

I gotta imagine with the amount of time and effort put into these money is lost at the end of the day.

My recommendation is to take all items you wished to sell and donate them. Could be done in a couple hours and minimize your lost time.

Cool thanks, I think I speak for everybody on the OG when I say we were just about to ask for a cost/benefit analysis on garage sales.

2 Likes

Fuck teh OG is slow lately.

I made $14000 dollars on my last one. Most of that was from selling fentanyl brownies though.

5 Likes

Ive had like 3 in my life and made fucking bank. OP you have to sell items you dont want but have value. No one is going to buy your garbage pail kids card collection and used tube socks.

Like fuck I won’t. How much OP?

3 Likes

ferris-beullers-day-off-dead

3 Likes

Everyone like a man with a hard stance on garage sales and isn’t afraid to shout it from the rooftops!

Well done OP, time is money!!!

2 Likes

I knew it was a bad example to use on the og when i was typing it. He also has a gently used fleshlight and 30 years of Hamms pull tabs.

The local Safeway has a drive through goodwill donation thing with dudes who unload for you.

Braf is very familiar with dudes unloading for him. Well, on him.

1 Like

Same OP. I got in an argument with my wife. She wanted a sale. Which meant tables, prep, tagging, time. All just to put shirts on sale for .10 cents. I told her I wanted no part of it. She did the sale anyway, wasted untold time. To her credit she made like 160.00 and cleared some junk.

I told her I’ll give her 160. and donate the clothes and save 2 days. She got mad, and I explained to her, she worked for 2 days, all the trouble, and she made about 8 an hour.

That was our last sale.

1 Like

You son of a bitch! You weren’t so lippy when you were forth in line to my homemade glory hole i built in my shed!!

Apparently my “what happens in the shed stays in the shed” sign, MEANS NOTHING TO YOU!!!

If you had taken some time and care with your craft, and made sure all the tacky bits of duct tape weren’t exposed, you wouldn’t be getting so many negative yelp reviews.

1 Like

I have in fact lost my way and moved to a quantity over quality, i have brought great shame to my shed.

I would buy the garbage pail kids in a heartbeat

2 Likes

My wife has a big folder full of Garbage Pail Kids

1 Like

Had one about two weekends ago.

Made about $500.

Was a pain in the ass to set everything up etc but the kids were excited to do it so whatever.

Got rid of a lot of shit.

1 Like

shut up and take my money GIF by Product Hunt

1 Like

5 Likes