Garbrandt Enters P4P at #5

Bit extreme. Above Miocic, Cruz, Woodley, Joanna, Bisping and Nunes. 

Definitely extreme, Cruz is also ranked #8 while Aldo is still #4? 

Lol according to who?

Nunes has 2 losses in the last 3 years

Bisping was viewed as a mediocre fighter until about 18 months ago

Idk about the others, but he is definitely above those 2. It's not just that he beat Cruz, it's how he beat him. It looked like 2 guys who didn't even belong in the same organization. He made Cruz look amateurish and was clowning him while ducking all of his punches then teeing off

Lindsay PhDDD - 

Idk about the others, but he is definitely above those 2. It's not just that he beat Cruz, it's how he beat him. It looked like 2 guys who didn't even belong in the same organization. He made Cruz look amateurish and was clowning him while ducking all of his punches then teeing off

Sorry but that's silly. He did clown him at points but it didn't look like the complete mismatch you're implying. Cruz hit him with some good shots, and actually landed more strikes. I mean I'm not arguing for any specific point here, I think the P4P rankings are just a silly thing for fans to fight over, but I had to call you out on our summary of the fight.

He's never lost a pro fight and just beat a consensus top 2 p4p. Justified 

JohnBox - 
Lindsay PhDDD - 

Sorry but that's silly. He did clown him at points but it didn't look like the complete mismatch you're implying. Cruz hit him with some good shots, and actually landed more strikes. I mean I'm not arguing for any specific point here, I think the P4P rankings are just a silly thing for fans to fight over, but I had to call you out on our summary of the fight.

He made Cruz look like he didn't belong in there. If you never saw Cruz fight and didn't know his record or anything about him, you would say he probably doesn't deserve to be anything more than the first or 2nd fight on a card

Fapping2FabersButtChin - 

Bit extreme. Above Miocic, Cruz, Woodley, Joanna, Bisping and Nunes. 

http://mmajunkie.com/rankings

-GG

Lindsay PhDDD - 
JohnBox - 
Lindsay PhDDD - 

He made Cruz look like he didn't belong in there. If you never saw Cruz fight and didn't know his record or anything about him, you would say he probably doesn't deserve to be anything more than the first or 2nd fight on a card

So you're saying that:
1) If there was no crowd there and you didn't hear how they were reacting to both fighters and also contributing to the tension involved in any big fight (things which will also affect a fight)
2) Cruz somehow had never been heard of or recognized by any fight fan despite his record etc. (again, unless you're saying in your hypothetical situation that he has no fights or just a few fights, in which case he would actually be placed on the first two fights or whatever, and again, which would affect his skill and experience etc. and so affect the fight)
And among the other numerous factors that would have to be changed in order to make your statement make sense.. THEN we would have to say that, yes, Cruz looked like he didn't belong in there.
It's still not true.
Look at the stats from the fight.

I mean I'm sorry to have to force the point home and I'm sure you'll still disagree. I mean I was one of the first to say that Cody decisively beat Cruz, and it was an amazing performance. But the P4P thing is silly, and to say that Cruz looked like an amateur just isn't true. He was beaten fairly well on the night though, and yes Cody clowned him.

P4P is a joke. Win a fight and climb the hype ladder..smh P4P is made by idiots. I like Cody, but this ranking system has no merit when it changes this dramatically over one fight. 

JohnBox - 
Lindsay PhDDD - 
JohnBox - 
Lindsay PhDDD - 

So you're saying that:
1) If there was no crowd there and you didn't hear how they were reacting to both fighters and also contributing to the tension involved in any big fight (things which will also affect a fight)
2) Cruz somehow had never been heard of or recognized by any fight fan despite his record etc. (again, unless you're saying in your hypothetical situation that he has no fights or just a few fights, in which case he would actually be placed on the first two fights or whatever, and again, which would affect his skill and experience etc. and so affect the fight)
And among the other numerous factors that would have to be changed in order to make your statement make sense.. THEN we would have to say that, yes, Cruz looked like he didn't belong in there.
It's still not true.
Look at the stats from the fight.

Most stats are completely based on guessing. A punch grazes the top millionth of an inch of your hair? It's scored like a punch that knocks someones tooth out. 

It was 1 sided fella

DJ is at number 1 and Cody just fucked up the guy that beat him. No one has been able to catch Cruz standing like that.

How do they have him above Miocic, Joanna and Nunes?

KING Stannis Baratheon - 

Who was the best fighter Joanna has beaten?

Nunes lost 2 fights in the last 3 years. 

Miocic is 7 and 2 in his last 9 fights. The HW division is regarded as pretty weak

YonYones -

KING Stannis Baratheon -

Do people not know what P4P actually means? Everything being equal, and everyone being the same weight (which Cody and Nunes actually are - do you think Nunes could actually win? If not, you can't complain that Cody is above her P4P) who would be the better fighter? I have no problem with Mighty Mouse being top, but including the women kind of makes the whole thing worthless. 

I agree with this ranking. Nunes shouldn't even be in the top 10. Stipe MAYBE is #10 but he lost his to Struve, so I dunno about him either.

YonYones -

I respect his performance but my understanding/view of the P4P rankings is based on what fighter has achieved. I.e. Cruz being reigning champ, aldo the same, miocic, nunes and bisping all defending their belts. Again just my view but have no problem with Cody being 5. 

The media should understand after the Ronda debacle that they know very little about MMA, and should not be voting on something as subjective as P4P rankings.