Garbrandt kicked off flight over mask issue

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/video-cody-garbrandt-kicked-off-flight-over-mask-issue-confrontation-with-staff/

Former UFC bantamweight champion Cody Garbrandt was allegedly kicked off a Southwest Airlines flight after a confrontation with a flight attendant.

According to Garbrandt, the issue in question occurred when Southwest Airlines staff took issue with his two-year-old son not wearing a mask on the flight. See the video, which Garbrandt shared on Instagram, below:

“F*ck @southwestair,” Garbrandt wrote in the caption for his post. “Got kicked off because my 2 year old son wouldn’t put his mask over his face. This coward flight attendant hid his bitch ass in the bathroom.”

Cody Garbrandt hasn’t fought since June, 2020, when he picked up a highlight-reel knockout win over Raphael Assuncao. That win separated him from a trio of knockout losses to TJ Dillashaw (twice) and Pedro Munhoz.

Garbrandt was briefly scheduled to drop down to flyweight to challenge Deiveson Figueiredo for the title late last year, but was forced out of the fight with a bicep injury, and then sidelined by complications stemming from a previous a COVID-19 infection.

![Cody Garbrandt Out Of UFC 255 Title Fight | FIGHT SPORTS](upload://1xroaR4jZ2BZuYYF89i6edFujab.jpeg)

2yr old is pretty young to mandate a facemask, I think? I kinda don't get it... I can see the difficulty for kids to have to wear it. I figured you could make a kid wear it and understand they need to around 4-5yrs old?

10 Likes

Bitch ass hid in the bathroom?

Was Cody going to beat him up or something?

6 Likes

Don’t see how it’s possible to even tell a 2 year old to wear a mask 

12 Likes

I can watch Dillashaw K.O. him on a loop all day...

11 Likes
Steven McTowelie - 

Also, did he expect the flight attendant to nut up and fight him?

9 Likes

Garbrandt and Till out on the town would be interesting. 

4 Likes
wiggum - 
Steven McTowelie - 

Looks like he went off on the pilots on his way out, too.

Asking a two year old to keep his mask on is ridiculous.

17 Likes
TeamRenzo - Asking a two year old to keep his mask on is ridiculous.

He won’t have to in the car. 

6 Likes

Southwest has always been garbage. The rule is the rule, but they should have had common sense enough to know the circumstances and be understanding. 

I thought Cody fought for the UFC- why the fuck was he flying with cheap ass Southwest....

2 Likes
JasonNeedsAScreenname - 

Southwest has always been garbage. The rule is the rule, but they should have had common sense enough to know the circumstances and be understanding. 

I thought Cody fought for the UFC- why the fuck was he flying with cheap ass Southwest....

“I thought Cody fought for the UFC- why the fuck was he flying with cheap ass Southwest…”

This. Its truly bizarre when they try to flex on social media that they got all this money then they take a budget airline. Hell even alaska is a step up from SouthWest.

1 Like

Fuck enabling anti masking toddlers!!!!

2 Likes
JasonNeedsAScreenname - 

A lot of people for some reason don't search outside of Southwest and think that it will always be the cheapest where in most cases nowadays, it isn't the cheapest by far.

1 Like

Hanging with the boyyyyyy!

3 Likes
wiggum - 
wiggum - 
Steven McTowelie - 

If you’re going to make a completely unreasonable request of someone, you gotta accept the consequences.

3 Likes
Soul Gravy - 
wiggum - 
wiggum - 
Steven McTowelie - 

If you’re going to make a completely unreasonable request of someone, you gotta accept the consequences.

A flight attendant has to accept getting beat up for enforcing policy?

6 Likes
Vikingknee - 

Don’t see how it’s possible to even tell a 2 year old to wear a mask 

Do any of you have 2 year olds? My 2 year old will wear his mask everywhere, same way he does gloves and a hat in the winter. He fucks with it from time to time and I have to fix it, but on a trip to the grocery store, he’ll wear it the entire time without issue.

I could see how a flight would be tough for the duration, but it sounds like they didn’t even try, and just assumed he wouldn’t wear one, and “fuck you, merica” right?

Is that pretty much how it went down? I can’t see the video…sir please put a mask on the child, followed by fuck you he’s 2, basically?

8 Likes