Garbrandt kicked off flight over mask issue

TeamRenzo - Asking a two year old to keep his mask on is ridiculous.

This. Fucking absurd on all levels.

7 Likes

What happened in between "Please put your child's mask on" and "We're kicking you off this flight"?  

2 Likes
ShortElbowInTheClinch - 

What happened in between "Please put your child's mask on" and "We're kicking you off this flight"?  

yea something tells me alot is being left out. And with Cody’s temper its highly possible that HE is the one that escalated. Once a passenger starts going off and swearing at the staff, he’s gotta go regardless of what the initial request was.

Coulda gone as simple as this

SW “sir can you please put the mask on your child, its policy”

COdy " what the fuck bro cant you see he’s a fucken baby with your bitch ass"

SW - you gotta go

2 Likes
Rickmassmma -
Vikingknee - 

Don’t see how it’s possible to even tell a 2 year old to wear a mask 

Do any of you have 2 year olds? My 2 year old will wear his mask everywhere, same way he does gloves and a hat in the winter. He fucks with it from time to time and I have to fix it, but on a trip to the grocery store, he’ll wear it the entire time without issue.

I could see how a flight would be tough for the duration, but it sounds like they didn’t even try, and just assumed he wouldn’t wear one, and “fuck you, merica” right?

Is that pretty much how it went down? I can’t see the video…sir please put a mask on the child, followed by fuck you he’s 2, basically?

When my kid was two there was no way we would have been able to keep a mask on her without s stapler, super glue and duct tape. We could keep shoes, socks, hats, mittens or much else on her more than a fes minutes. She would tear it all off. 

4 Likes
ShortElbowInTheClinch - 

He probably told the pilot that he was washed up and chinny, and that hed slap his stupid hat off his head if they didnt shut up about the kids mask.  Then probably told the Air Marshal that his badge had no authority because they  werent in the air yet.  Then a whole lot of apologies and "we wont do it agains"

Steven McTowelie - 

Bitch ass hid in the bathroom?

Was Cody going to beat him up or something?

That you, Cody?

When a professional fighter goes after a friggin flight attendant, and calls him a “coward” for not ‘manning up’ to him…it’s pretty obvious who the real coward is.

Then again, that seems par for the course for this dude.

Not to mention that he himself got royally fucked by Covid and nearly lost his career due to it.

5 Likes
Road Warrior Fin -
JasonNeedsAScreenname - 

Southwest has always been garbage. The rule is the rule, but they should have had common sense enough to know the circumstances and be understanding. 

I thought Cody fought for the UFC- why the fuck was he flying with cheap ass Southwest....

A lot of people for some reason don't search outside of Southwest and think that it will always be the cheapest where in most cases nowadays, it isn't the cheapest by far.

I'm sure it is the cheapest, but you get what you pay for. 

It's like booking a $50 motel then being shocked that there are bars on the window and the mattress has bed bugs.  

That's kinda fucked up, what are the regulations in the US? Is it state dependent or country wide?

I'm in Canada and children under 5 are not required to wear a mask

Also anyone who chooses not to wear one simply needs to say they have a medical exemption and you do not even need to provide proof

1 Like
Rickmassmma -
Vikingknee - 

Do any of you have 2 year olds? My 2 year old will wear his mask everywhere, same way he does gloves and a hat in the winter. He fucks with it from time to time and I have to fix it, but on a trip to the grocery store, he’ll wear it the entire time without issue.

I could see how a flight would be tough for the duration, but it sounds like they didn’t even try, and just assumed he wouldn’t wear one, and “fuck you, merica” right?

Is that pretty much how it went down? I can’t see the video…sir please put a mask on the child, followed by fuck you he’s 2, basically?

cracked me up, you fucking nailed it. and well done rickmassmma jnr for being a responsible citizen.

3 Likes
Rickmassmma -
Vikingknee - 

Nailed it. My grandkid is two and she wore her mask on a long flight both times.

6 Likes
Rickmassmma -
Vikingknee - 

I have a kid as well, 3 years old, he wears a mask if needed,  that doesn’t mean Codys kid is the same,  specially having a kid you know that kids are different, just because yours uses a mask without a problem doesn’t mean his kid is the same. And you didn"t even watch the video and assume what happened? Hmmm…

1 Like

So he knew the rules going on the plane but then decided that the rules don't apply to him?

3 Likes
Rickmassmma - 
Vikingknee - 

This, lol.

1 Like
Don J - 
ShortElbowInTheClinch - 

yea something tells me alot is being left out. And with Cody’s temper its highly possible that HE is the one that escalated. Once a passenger starts going off and swearing at the staff, he’s gotta go regardless of what the initial request was.

Coulda gone as simple as this

SW “sir can you please put the mask on your child, its policy”

COdy " what the fuck bro cant you see he’s a fucken baby with your bitch ass"

SW - you gotta go

lol. yup.

1 Like
HYBRID JON - 
ShortElbowInTheClinch - 

He probably told the pilot that he was washed up and chinny, and that hed slap his stupid hat off his head if they didnt shut up about the kids mask.  Then probably told the Air Marshal that his badge had no authority because they  werent in the air yet.  Then a whole lot of apologies and "we wont do it agains"

I actually lol’d.

Road Warrior Fin -
JasonNeedsAScreenname - 

Southwest has always been garbage. The rule is the rule, but they should have had common sense enough to know the circumstances and be understanding. 

I thought Cody fought for the UFC- why the fuck was he flying with cheap ass Southwest....

A lot of people for some reason don't search outside of Southwest and think that it will always be the cheapest where in most cases nowadays, it isn't the cheapest by far.

Some flights only have one operator. When I lived in San Luis obispo the airport there doesn't have many flights per day, and it's always to the same locations. Same with yuma. You get a choice of one or two flights per day and don't choose who operates it.

hermanitor -
Steven McTowelie - 

Bitch ass hid in the bathroom?

Was Cody going to beat him up or something?

That you, Cody?

When a professional fighter goes after a friggin flight attendant, and calls him a “coward” for not ‘manning up’ to him…it’s pretty obvious who the real coward is.

Then again, that seems par for the course for this dude.

Not to mention that he himself got royally fucked by Covid and nearly lost his career due to it.

That’s what I was implying.

1 Like

Just fyi, every 2 yr old is not equal lol!  My son would be content with a mask or whatever at 2. My daughter has the ability to melt down over something like that.  Really doesn't have much to do with the parenting but what personality/disposition the kid has.

1 Like

And with Cody's short fuse & dealing with a 2 year old on a flight I could totally see him being overly aggressive.

1 Like

And when will people learn?

This is a bad enough look for anyone let alone someone with any level of fame.

You’re never going to win and you’re always going to look like an idiot and an ass. Best to just shit the fuck up and try to comply, or don’t and leave peacefully and deal with it after.

This tantrum shot is always hilarious and I’ve seldom seen people side with the “victim”.

Flight attendant isn’t at fault and just doing what they’re told.

3 Likes