Gary Oldman is the greatest actor of all time.

People say things like "Oh, he's only a character actor."... what the fuck is that supposed to mean? Isn't the point of acting bringing the character to life?

When certain guys act, you feel like you're watching them react to a situation. When Oldman acts, you forget that Oldman is actually acting and believe that you are watching the character. Oscars are a joke anway.

idk about GOAT but he's a great actor.

I used to think he could only play antagonists, but him as Commissioner Gordon was great.

Z NEDCMK1 - 

Great actor.

Best of all time?

Your are smoking crack.

THIS

Isaac298 - 
Z NEDCMK1 - 

Great actor.

Best of all time?

Your are smoking crack.

<br />
THIS</blockquote>

Who's GOAT IYO? What other actor has the type of range he has? Can literally do any accent? Literally  transforms into a completely different entity?

He was fantastic as the evil Republican Congress man Runyon in the movie, The Contender!

Pretty fucking phenomenal actor. I'd say he's one of the best, that's for sure Phone Post 3.0

i loved him in diggstown as the conartist working with samual l jackson's character

Well fuckfaces, how about posting who you think is better rather than just saying "disagree"?

Jesus' shitty performances are still remembered 2000 years later. Advantage Jesus

Good list, although I feel like his role as Mason Verger, in Hannibal, should have been there.

YouCantHandleMyRiddum - 
Isaac298 - 
Z NEDCMK1 - 

Great actor.

Best of all time?

Your are smoking crack.

<br />
THIS</blockquote>

Who's GOAT IYO? What other actor has the type of range he has? Can literally do any accent? Literally  transforms into a completely different entity?

DDL all day err day. DDL might not have the range oldman has (i think he does), but his characters are so damn convincing. Gangs of new york was not the greatest movie, but what made it GREAT was the Butcher. That will go down as the greatest character ever. he was damn convincing in that role

Daniel Day Lewis is a method actor. That isn't good acting at all. Same with Dustin Hoffman. Phone Post

EVVVVERRRRYYYONNNNEEEEE!!!

Christopher Walken is one of my favorite actorsbof all time, but he is also not a great actor. Phone Post

Z NEDCMK1 - 

In no specific order the following actors would rank higher than Gary Oldman:

1. Daniel Day Lewis

2. Al Pacino

3. Robert DeNiro

4. John Cazale

5. Marlon Brando

6. Jack Nicholson

7. Dutsin Hoffman

8. Tom Hanks

9. Anthony Hopkins

10. Laurence Olivier

11. Spencer Tracy

12. Jack Lemmon

13. Jeff Bridges

14. James Stewart

15. Gregory Peck

16.  Leonardo DiCaprio

The list could continue..... no offense to Gary, e is a great actor.

The problem I have with that list is that, while great, most of these guys don't nearly have the type of range than Oldman has. They mostly just play themselves. It's a great list of leads though. I would add Kevin Spacey to a top list.

In terms of actual skills, Oldman is more gifted than all of them. Even DDL. Some of these guys may have a more marketable face, more charisma or may have better publicists and agents... When it comes to performance, Oldman takes it.

Oldman is amazing.

Nicholson is a hack, painfully overrated. He is just being Jack Nicholson on screen, The Shining is probably the last time he actually acted at all. Ok, maybe a Few Good Men. He is not even in the same league as DDL or Oldman.

Acting is art saying this person is the best actor is futile.

In my opinion Oldman is a fine actor

If I pretended to actually be Abraham Lincoln and convinced myself I was Abraham Lincoln, I would be a great actor as well. Anyway Z, your list is garbage because you put Leonardo Dicaprio above Gary Oldman. Phone Post

Oh, and OP forgot Oldmans greatest role- Dracula. Phone Post

lastcall - Acting is art saying this person is the best actor is futile.

In my opinion Oldman is a fine actor

It's the type of art we can measure though. Certains guys don't have the skills to step out of their confort zone.