Gas explosion at my hotel today! (Pic)

Needed to share this story, what better place than the OG. :)

On holiday in Bali at the moment and there was a gas explosion at my hotel today. My girlfriend and I were sitting in the lobby having a drink at about 4PM, when all of a sudden there was a BOOM and we saw a fireball fly past us, 5 meters away. There was smoke everywhere and fire growing. I scream "Alastair" at my girlfriend and we look at each other in horror. That's my brother and he's still in the room. I fucking dash up the stairs(I swear I was faster than Usain Bolt!) and start smashing on the door. My girlfriend catches up 5 seconds later and passes me the key. I run in, grab my brother and we get out of the hotel. My mother is shouting at us as she's running out of the spa. My heart was beating crazy fast for like 3 hours at least. They've moved us to another villa resort now, crazy day! Just glad everyone is ok and nobody is hurt, I think only one staff member got burned, other than that all are ok I believe.

Crazy how fast life can flash before your eyes. Hug your loved ones extra tight today.

Didn't get a picture of the fire/smoke but got the fire trucks!

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/ZHMkgve.jpg[/IMG] Phone Post 3.0

Glad it turned out well! Scary!

I thought this thread was going to be about you having epic gas after eating Indian food. Phone Post 3.0

You in Nusa Dua or Kuta?

5m? Holy shit, I might have pooped myself Phone Post 3.0

http://imgur.com/ZHMkgve
Can someone post image please? No idea how to post from phone. Phone Post 3.0

Cookie Monster - Glad it turned out well! Scary!

I thought this thread was going to be about you having epic gas after eating Indian food. Phone Post 3.0
Very scary! Must prefer the Indian food story, haha. Phone Post 3.0

ausk - You in Nusa Dua or Kuta?
Seminyak Phone Post 3.0

I don't think we can post pics from mobile devices anymore.

Scary stuff. Glad you're okay OP. Phone Post 3.0

QuinTheEskimo - 5m? Holy shit, I might have pooped myself Phone Post 3.0
I nearly did! Phone Post 3.0

Darth Ryase - I don't think we can post pics from mobile devices anymore.

Scary stuff. Glad you're okay OP. Phone Post 3.0
Thanks man. That was 100x more scary than stepping in the cage! Phone Post 3.0

Phone Post 3.0

Posted from iPhone. Phone Post 3.0

^ VU, thanks! Phone Post 3.0

No sweat. Glad no one was hurt. Phone Post 3.0

Glad you're okay Stephen! Thanks for posting

I feel for OP. Anyone in the New England area probably remembers the gas truck that flipped over on the Everett/Boston border in 07. It leaked about 9-10,000 gallons of gas. I awoke to an explosion then another. I thought it was a bomb. Then another. It was actually all the fire lit gasoline flooding through the streets to all the cars. It's better written in the news story below, but every house but my girls was burnt down. You literally couldn't see 2 feet in front of you. We both thought we were gonna die.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2007/12/a_fiery_river_o.html Phone Post 3.0

Malvert the Janitor - No sweat. Glad no one was hurt. Phone Post 3.0
Kinda hard actually :/ Still jump at every sound. To be honest, can't wait to get on the plane home tomorrow. Just wanna get home. Phone Post 3.0

SgtJustinTeplitz - Glad you're okay Stephen! Thanks for posting
Thanks buddy Phone Post 3.0

charms434 - I feel for OP. Anyone in the New England area probably remembers the gas truck that flipped over on the Everett/Boston border in 07. It leaked about 9-10,000 gallons of gas. I awoke to an explosion then another. I thought it was a bomb. Then another. It was actually all the fire lit gasoline flooding through the streets to all the cars. It's better written in the news story below, but every house but my girls was burnt down. You literally couldn't see 2 feet in front of you. We both thought we were gonna die.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/breaking_news/2007/12/a_fiery_river_o.html Phone Post 3.0
Damn! That must have been fucking terrible. When I was running up the stairs to get my brother, my heart was racing, it felt like it was gonna pop out of my chest. Phone Post 3.0

12 hours till I can go home! Feel better now tho Phone Post 3.0