Gas out quicker...Gi or Nogi

Having recently returned to training, my gas sucks either way. I was wondering what anyone thinks as far as which gasses you out quicker, rolling with a gi or without.

Mind you, I'm not refering to you specimens that have miles of cardio, and don't know what it is to gas out...I'm talking to the guys that deal with this issue on a regular basis.

This is NOT a 'which is better' question. Strictly which taxes the cardio more, and maybe why?

Gas faster with nogi. No handles to "slow" the game down. Easier to control the pace with more handles and less scrambling in the gi.

hmmm not sure there are pros and cons with both, I think ultimately it will depend on a number of other factors.

I know in Gi it's usually hotter, sweating more and becoming dehydrated. You can also suffocate when someone is in N/S or has really good weight and the lapel goes over your face.

I gas quicker gi. Only cuz I'm wearing the gi top which is like a coat. It's kinda like asking- do you gas faster running in a tee shirt or a coat.

agree with that

No doubt it depends on individual stamina and ability. The OP is intended for those who are skilled at, and enjoy both, yet still gas out. Agreed it's like a coat. Does anyone think that it slows the pace enough to make up for the heat and discomfort.

If your good with the gi I think it for sure slows the pace enough to make up for the heat/discomfort. At least for me and my observations of others

If I'm training consistently I don't have problems with my gas tank. But, no matter what my grips and my legs burn out quicker in the gi.

Gi for me Phone Post

Rasslin Coach - If your good with the gi I think it for sure slows the pace enough to make up for the heat/discomfort. At least for me and my observations of others

depends who im training with more than what im wearing.