Gas selling for under $1 per gallon in 13 states

https://www.nydailynews.com/coronavirus/ny-coronavirus-gas-prices-20200419-6uvja5pxbvaxtozm4l3372aewy-story.html

The states on that list include New York, Michigan, Arkansas, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Ohio, Colorado, Missouri, Iowa, Virginia, Wisconsin, Kansas and Kentucky.

The United States as a whole has experienced a precipitous decline in gas prices amid the COVID-19 pandemic, with the national average dipping to just $1.82 per gallon, according to AAA.

Exactly one year ago, the price of a gallon cost over a dollar more, at $2.84.

The latest national average price for a gallon is down from $1.87 last week.

Six states have experienced their lowest prices in a decade: Wisconsin, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Michigan, Minnesota and Iowa.

“I fully expect that as many as half of the nation’s states will ultimately see prices fall to at least decade lows, with perhaps most of them ultimately falling to lows not seen since the early 2000’s,” said Patrick De Haan, GasBuddy’s head petroleum analyst.

I live in  Upstate New York. Prices are just over $2.00 still. BUT, it is under $1 at some Indian reservations where they are not subject to taxes. 

Economic terrorism

Did i see it hit $0.12 in the dakotas somewhere?

Could have swore I saw that headline last week or this weekend but can't find anything now.

I saw $1.40 and wife said she got it for $1.19.

In missouri, just saw gas for $1.45

Still $5.35 in Ca.  They said they were going to look into why the prices are so damn high!

1.55 in Central Valley in California 

Santros -

In extra taxes but what's the total per gallon?

.80 cents a litre here.

Had been between 1.15 to 1.25 a litre before this.

So I guess if you multiply by 4 it's currently 3.20 a gallon and it was about 4 to 5 bucks before this started.

I No Kung Foo -
Santros -

In extra taxes but what's the total per gallon?

That’s the total lol

I No Kung Foo -

Still $5.35 in Ca.  They said they were going to look into why the prices are so damn high!

Dipshit Newsom supported a ton of new gas taxes then he can't figure out why our prices are so high... 

$.94 a gallon in wisconsin

I No Kung Foo - 

Part is taxes, the rest is just greed. 

cfochs - 

$.94 a gallon in wisconsin

wow

We are still getting fucked here in Ca.

3 Likes

In st Louis its 1.75

too bad I don't need any gas since I'm really not going anywhere

.88$ in clinton township costco. Insanity.

not in fucking IL.... still under $2 though so I'll take it....