Gastelum to cut weight without Dolce again

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/6/30/5858894/mike-dolce-to-ufc-fighters-fire-your-manager-hire-world-class-quality

Genius, and when negotiations and things fighters haven't a clue about come around they should just... trust the UFC Mike?

LowerYourExpectations -
ChaosOverkill - 

He can't afford Dolce and Gabbana weight cutting prices.

Dolce is expensive but he lost more money by missing weight than hiring Dolce costs. I wish him the best this time around!
I doubt that. Phone Post 3.0

"Kelvin, after that next fight, I saw him in Dallas where it took him three tries to make weight, he saw me with Johny Hendricks just having a blast, easy time making weight [on his second attempt for his fight with Robbie Lawler, after missing in his first attempt]. [Kelvin] called me over and apologized, and that Monday morning he wire transferred me the full fee for what they owed me all the way back in August."

LOL, bit of a revisionist history there Mike?

You know Dolce is just scared to go to Mexico!

Jeon Sa - 
MMAAdvertising - Still can't figure out why people seem to think Dolce does something others can't. There are other guys in the sport currently who do an equal or potentially better job but they don't plaster their t-shirts and faces everywhere. They know who they are and their work speaks for itself. Phone Post 3.0
But the fans know Dolce and if someone misses weight the conversation is maybe he should use Dolce. He is literally the only weight cutting couch in the conversation. Phone Post 3.0

Is the weight cutting COUCH a new product from Dolce's program. I could use one of those for my TV exercising

Lol fucking sensationalist article title. Title makes it seem like the fighter doesn't want to work with Dolce ever again. Dolce actually isn't able to make it to the fighters camp because of previous engagements. Phone Post 3.0

Duck dolce. Phone Post 3.0

Fuck* Phone Post 3.0

jiujitsumstr - Or how about staying in shape, and not waiting until you get the phone call? How can you call yourselves Martial Artists if you can't stay fit?

LOL most are not martial artists they just do martial arts. There is a difference.

On the Dolce subject, most guys and their coaches know nothing about diet and weight cutting and use old techniques. Guys that use Dolce have a proven track record and are quick to comment how easy it was as well as how good they felt come fight time. Not everyone is doing the same thing and Dolce is at the cutting edge trying new things and making it less stressful for the fighters.

Who has complained? Rampage and BJ... exactly.

rockafella -
jiujitsumstr - Or how about staying in shape, and not waiting until you get the phone call? How can you call yourselves Martial Artists if you can't stay fit?

LOL most are not martial artists they just do martial arts. There is a difference.

On the Dolce subject, most guys and their coaches know nothing about diet and weight cutting and use old techniques. Guys that use Dolce have a proven track record and are quick to comment how easy it was as well as how good they felt come fight time. Not everyone is doing the same thing and Dolce is at the cutting edge trying new things and making it less stressful for the fighters.

Who has complained? Rampage and BJ... exactly.
You so wrong its comical. Cutting edge lol. Keep drinking that koolaid. Phone Post 3.0

There's a lot of trainers out there, not sure why Dolce needs to be the guy. I'm sure he charges top dollar now as he's basically a brand now, but is he any better than say Aaron Simpson who helps Weidman make his massive cuts and probably isn't as expensive?

The answer, Whambo, is no. Lol. Phone Post 3.0

why doesn't Dana foot the bill then for Kelvin?

mmadotcomisufcdotcom - 
Whambo - There's a lot of trainers out there, not sure why Dolce needs to be the guy. I'm sure he charges top dollar now as he's basically a brand now, but is he any better than say Aaron Simpson who helps Weidman make his massive cuts and probably isn't as expensive?

Several fighters have come out to comment Dolce promised them services and a low or even free rate for the extent of their career only to have ditched them since he got the push by UFC and the media.

His comment that fighters should ditch managers and hire him is very telling why the UFC gives him his push.

Golden Glory, Vadim, Gina Carano's agents are all prime examples of the UFC refusing to work with real managers who know the true value their clients bring to the table. Stick up for your value and get dropped.

So ya just drop your manager and hire Dolce. See how that works out for you in the long run. Any fighter considering Dolce should run based in that one comment.

Cindy

Not what Dolce said. He said that 20-30% for managers is too high, and recommended that they charge less like ATT at 5%.

Which I agree with. What ATT is doing is great, and they have quite the roster of fighters. Some managers take advantage.

He didn't say ditch you managers and hire me. He said use an attorney to do the negotiations for you for a few grand, instead of paying 20-30% of your entire purse.

I don't know why Dolce is getting so much hate. Imo if the fighters really like working with him that should tell us something. I've heard nothing but good things come out of his client's mouths minus a couple guys and hearing this 2 guys say negative things does not surprise me (BJ & Page.)

Dolce is doing something very good for people's lives. You may not agree with everything he says but hating on the guy seems odd.

Managers are good if used the right way. For example fighters can get too emotional about an opponent. A good manager is the voice of reason. Imagine fighter A talking smack on fighter B and fighter A takes the fight just because his ego is in the way. A good manager can calm the situation and make the smart decision.

Some people are struggling with the concept of value. Dolce has a proven track record of success. He's providing a service which clearly some other trainers cannot replicate. And without his help you can't make any money if you struggle with weight cuts. So value comes down to: can I afford to pay this guy for a service I need to do my job? Phone Post 3.0

You dummies who keep repeating he has a secret or something that others can't replicate are pt barnums wet dream. Phone Post 3.0

*miss weight without dolce again Phone Post 3.0