Gateway to Hell

![](upload://qRl7xBctbLUFxi6OXcMR6zTTZC1.png)

Although obsolete now due to modern prosthetics, the Krukenberg Procedure could give amputees limited grasping by fashioning the 2 forearm bones into finger-like appendages

1 Like

![](upload://n3vXRFMFWlOVvSZs5MFqldsBttJ.png)

The average cumulus cloud you can see during the sunny day can weigh 1.1 billion pounds

1 Like

![](upload://e0XMQGM7uTUaUschaeoKd1YiWbq.jpeg)

About 1% of the static on your television is caused by Cosmic Microwave Background (CMB) radiation left over from the Big Bang about 13.7 billion years ago

2 Likes

![](upload://gxJlLNtw3Db8hQyHEUIADJJXdse.jpeg)

The Tangbunia Bank on Pentecost Island uses the native currency of boar tusks instead of western- money.

1 Like

![](upload://6rzlAwvoRLIHs8kG7TvabRa8srR.png)

There’s a possibility that life exists on Europa (One of Jupiter’s moons)

1 Like

![](upload://ynLNqqQvOISWMDYaHwElVjZo5km.jpeg)

The facial reconstruction of a Neolithic dog that lived around 4,000 years ago on Scotland’s Orkney Islands

2 Likes

![](upload://sopB4fOmF68j4jXnb2G5I8UftmN.png)

Plenty of newspapers lied about titanic tragedy, “Titanic is on her way to Halifax”

2 Likes

![](upload://4zY9iHSE2pnwALKor4Z1gTo5Ir7.jpeg)

The Akal-Teke, or ‘Golden Horse’. One of only 6600 alive today & one of the oldest breeds on earth.

3 Likes

![](upload://2h2DY1PXeqkWZJ86fLcQ2dfTiel.jpeg)

Medieval art is full of poorly executed animals in paintings. Here’s what’s supposed to be a lion from a 17th century sketch. It might seem laughable to us now, but just thing about how much we ourselves probably ‘paint’ in wrong about our own history or archaeological past.

1 Like

![](upload://vQLcDYvZyaxmWJiPaxLEqSCzbxN.jpeg)

December 17, 1903. One of the only photos ever taken the day Wilbur and Orville Wright performed the first powered flight of an airplane in Kitty Hawk, North Carolina. Their flight lasted 12 seconds and the plane went 120 feet

1 Like

![](upload://vntIO50WvzeHZm0HBVKuvJiPU6l.jpeg)

Mammatus clouds over Ontario

3 Likes

![](upload://niijbK4kP6P7CYbojmdWNSG3nPW.jpeg)

An Australian Road Train

2 Likes

![](upload://hu3yuHPZlc56uHXvduEqLiXzQDz.jpeg)

Soon after the discovery of radioactivity, a lot of people were promoting it for its supposed health benefits. A famous example is Radithor, which was radium diluted in water and was claimed to cure impotence, among other things.

2 Likes

Thanks Soup, another great thread of yours. 

1 Like
Soup Nazi - 

![](upload://e0XMQGM7uTUaUschaeoKd1YiWbq.jpeg)

About 1% of the static on your television is caused by Cosmic Microwave Background (CMB) radiation left over from the Big Bang about 13.7 billion years ago

Anyone who believes the Big Bang fairy tale is either mental defective or has a jizz soaked sponge for a brain.

2 Likes

I like that Soup has reinvented himself on here. These are always good threads. 

![](upload://mST0AFshulzT3CvFyqD0GwQZulZ.jpeg)

1 Like

I love me a good soup thread. 

awesome as always. 

Swan Yacht deserves it’s own thread. Goddamn

1 Like

Thanks Soup, I am always entertained and educated by your threads!