gatorlaw's Breakdown on the UFC Sale

Ttt since I'm seeing more threads about the sale being "done." Phone Post 3.0

so, are you billing Kirik for this thread?

I hope ufc stays American cause if it doesn't say bye bye to a majority of fights based in the US but say hello to juice to the gills fighters again Phone Post 3.0

Stea1th - I hope ufc stays American cause if it doesn't say bye bye to a majority of fights based in the US but say hello to juice to the gills fighters again Phone Post 3.0

I wouldn't have a problem with that :-D

NHBDaddy - so, are you billing Kirik for this thread?
I'll just put it on his tab :) Phone Post 3.0

gatorlaw -
Fern 10th Planet -
gatorlaw -
bungee up - Today's the day apparently

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mattconnolly

Hope that works.
Not very good with this stuff. Phone Post 3.0

Yep, that's one of the articles I read.  In short, it states the bidding period ends today.  After that, Zuffa and/or the buyer will need to finalize the contract, complete due diligence and other pre-closing items, and then consummate the actual closing of the deal.

What if the UFC doesn't like any of the deals proposed, can they back out and change their mind?

If they haven't accepted any bids by signing a contract, yes. It's bad business though and doesn't happen often.

Once they are under contract, it's rare for the seller to have the option to unilaterally cancel. It would have to be due to some contractual seller contingency (e.g., FOX approval, etc.). Phone Post 3.0
so now it might not even be sold, bad business? Phone Post 3.0

Fern 10th Planet -
gatorlaw -
Fern 10th Planet -
gatorlaw -
bungee up - Today's the day apparently

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mattconnolly

Hope that works.
Not very good with this stuff. Phone Post 3.0

Yep, that's one of the articles I read.  In short, it states the bidding period ends today.  After that, Zuffa and/or the buyer will need to finalize the contract, complete due diligence and other pre-closing items, and then consummate the actual closing of the deal.

What if the UFC doesn't like any of the deals proposed, can they back out and change their mind?

If they haven't accepted any bids by signing a contract, yes. It's bad business though and doesn't happen often.

Once they are under contract, it's rare for the seller to have the option to unilaterally cancel. It would have to be due to some contractual seller contingency (e.g., FOX approval, etc.). Phone Post 3.0
so now it might not even be sold, bad business? Phone Post 3.0

They're saying it's possible it may never sell.  Reading between the lines it looks like both sides have agreed but the deal may ultimately fall apart with the details.