Gave Small Help to Single Mom

virtue signal alert, and not a reference to my cock in any way.

So yesterday I was in line at Walmart at a self checkout. It was taking a while and finally I was next, waiting for this girl ahead of me to scan and checkout. I noticed prior that despite wearing stretchy pants, she was really bowlegged, and among her stuff was a pack of diapers, so I already felt bad for her. She also wasn’t wearing a mask, which was unusual in my area.

She gets to the part where she pays and used a government EBT card, which I guess turned out to be not enough money, so she whipped out a $20 to feed the machine, but it was ripped. So now Im waiting for her to get tape from the useless counter watcher person, and she’s fumbling around with the tape, so it seems she doesn’t have another $20 on her.

First off, I hate that feeling of everyone watching you fuck around with something like that. It makes me worse at doing it and stresses me out.

Secondly, I could see where this was going, which was that she was going to take forever taping the bill, and the next thing would be that the machine prob wouldn’t take it anyway.

Thirdly, some people who are in a situation like she was respond to that situation not with humility, but by lashing out at others, people who work there, people who look like they may be impatient, etc. It’s not rational, but some people do it, and I noticed that this girl had none of that shitty attitude. She was just trying to get it done and get out of there.

So with all this in mind, I approached her and asked her if she would mind if I took care of the remainder of her purchase for her. She looked surprised and thanked me. I didn’t know how much it was going to be before I asked, but I figured from the stuff I saw her buy that it couldn’t bee too crazy. Turned out to be $13.

On a personal note, I have no idea what her specific politics are, but as a white person who hates BLM and advocates for opportunity and personal responsibility, I try to go out of my way to be nice to black people and all people in whatever small but real ways. I think the more individuals who have positive experiences with white people, the less racist they are likely to be against white people, and the more open they might be inclined to be to consider the possibility that people disagree with race hustling politics not because they are trying to victimize them, but because they are trying to empower them. The only good way I can think to do that is to be nice to people.

27 Likes

No matter what, your intentions were good.

I appreciate that.

Good for you.

2 Likes

Quit reading at "not a reference to my cock in any way."

7 Likes

Nice. 

Was she hot?

1 Like
PatK -

Was she hot?

I bet she was ....because if she was fat and ugly no way OP helps her out 

1 Like
dios - 
PatK -

Was she hot?

I bet she was ....because if she was fat and ugly no way OP helps her out 

She was a bowlegged single mom with a lopsided afro, so no, Im not going to answer the question.

I do a lot of work with single mothers too. Mostly just helping them get their start.

5 Likes

Just don't give your contact info, last time I did something similar I got hit up every single day for 2 weeks with a different emergency financial need.  I blocked her and got calls from other numbers.  Had to change my phone number.

People will ask, so story coming.

2 Likes

A few months back, about when Corona hit, I was in a Dollar General (one on every corner!) picking up some Gatorade to take fishing in the cooler and accidentally dropped a $50 bill. I turned to pick it up and a lady who was obviously in great need had it. She began to cry but reached out to hand it to me. I told her “You saw it first! It’s yours.” She actually sat down and cried. Her little yellow basket was full of cheap food like canned tuna, Ramen, Vienna Sausage, etc. As I was putting my Gatorade in my cooler, she came out and thanked me. Cried again. Told me that stuff would last her and her daughter until the first of the month (about a week away.) She said she knew it was my money and wanted an address to send it to me when she got her Unemployment check. She lost her job waiting tables due to the pandemic. Of course, I told her not to worry about it and gave her the Gatorade too. People are struggling in the rural areas too but all the help goes to the inner cities. That, my friends was the best 50 bucks I ever spent! 

11 Likes

Went to Advance Auto on a Saturday.  Young girl has hood up, employee is putting brake fluid in.  I go in and get my stuff, come back out, she is still standing there with hood up, but the employee is gone.  I had parked next to her so I asked if everything was ok.  She said the brake fluid was empty, the abs/brake/traction etc lights were on in the dash, employee added fluid but she doesn't know if something else is wrong and she is scared to drive home.

I said I would look at it, I got under and looked to see if there were any signs of leaking fluid.  Everything was in good shape.  I had the employee read the codes and it came up as a bad ABS control module.  It was a $495 part and they would have to order it.  She is giving me the single mother, college student, new job story.  Said she lives close by so I said she could probably drive it home but don't do long trips etc.  Said I would see if I could pull a used module on Monday when the yard opened and gave her my number.  She texts me through the weekend thanking me for help etc.  Monday comes and I pull a used module for $10.  She brings car to my house and I put it on.  More texts thanking me and how nice I am etc.

Then every day after is a new dilemma.  Good morning texts, hope I have a good day, she could really use some new tires before winter.  She found out she is not getting her first paycheck until later than she thought, and she forgot her lunch.  Her sister's car broke down, can I go look at it.  She needs a laptop for school because it is too hard to do her assignments on her phone.  She needs wifi at her apartment.  She wants invisible braces.  She wants a guitar to pursue music.  Small stuff but annoying and I would brush it off.  Last day was something about could I get her a new key fob for the car because it won't start, no wait she needs a starter,  her car is at the 7-11 by Aldi's if I could go over there and put a starter on it.  I blocked her and started getting phone calls from 3 different numbers and changed my phone number.

2 Likes
Rakoshi - 

A few months back, about when Corona hit, I was in a Dollar General (one on every corner!) picking up some Gatorade to take fishing in the cooler and accidentally dropped a $50 bill. I turned to pick it up and a lady who was obviously in great need had it. She began to cry but reached out to hand it to me. I told her “You saw it first! It’s yours.” She actually sat down and cried. Her little yellow basket was full of cheap food like canned tuna, Ramen, Vienna Sausage, etc. As I was putting my Gatorade in my cooler, she came out and thanked me. Cried again. Told me that stuff would last her and her daughter until the first of the month (about a week away.) She said she knew it was my money and wanted an address to send it to me when she got her Unemployment check. She lost her job waiting tables due to the pandemic. Of course, I told her not to worry about it and gave her the Gatorade too. People are struggling in the rural areas too but all the help goes to the inner cities. That, my friends was the best 50 bucks I ever spent! 

That story gave me chills, nice work!

Side note, I noticed last time I went tot he NC mountains, there were Dollar General stores popping up everywhere, and also a lot of signs in towns protesting the Dollar General influx.

64FordF100 -

Went to Advance Auto on a Saturday.  Young girl has hood up, employee is putting brake fluid in.  I go in and get my stuff, come back out, she is still standing there with hood up, but the employee is gone.  I had parked next to her so I asked if everything was ok.  She said the brake fluid was empty, the abs/brake/traction etc lights were on in the dash, employee added fluid but she doesn't know if something else is wrong and she is scared to drive home.

I said I would look at it, I got under and looked to see if there were any signs of leaking fluid.  Everything was in good shape.  I had the employee read the codes and it came up as a bad ABS control module.  It was a $495 part and they would have to order it.  She is giving me the single mother, college student, new job story.  Said she lives close by so I said she could probably drive it home but don't do long trips etc.  Said I would see if I could pull a used module on Monday when the yard opened and gave her my number.  She texts me through the weekend thanking me for help etc.  Monday comes and I pull a used module for $10.  She brings car to my house and I put it on.  More texts thanking me and how nice I am etc.

Then every day after is a new dilemma.  Good morning texts, hope I have a good day, she could really use some new tires before winter.  She found out she is not getting her first paycheck until later than she thought, and she forgot her lunch.  Her sister's car broke down, can I go look at it.  She needs a laptop for school because it is too hard to do her assignments on her phone.  She needs wifi at her apartment.  She wants invisible braces.  She wants a guitar to pursue music.  Small stuff but annoying and I would brush it off.  Last day was something about could I get her a new key fob for the car because it won't start, no wait she needs a starter,  her car is at the 7-11 by Aldi's if I could go over there and put a starter on it.  I blocked her and started getting phone calls from 3 different numbers and changed my phone number.

Damn...you're too nice a guy.

...and that's coming from me!

You have to take care of yourself.

Hope you're doing better today.

1 Like

good to see some positive stuff on this forum. Voted up

![](upload://mclyQX0GB9FvC3inv01wdJmOv8I.gif)

CuddleBug -

I do a lot of work with single mothers too. Mostly just helping them get their start.

Fucking made me literally laugh out loud

NIce man.

I read the title as "gave small herp to a single mom"

MrSmokalotapotamus - 
64FordF100 -

She was a pro.

I will never in my life offer help to another stranger.  I will only help people I know from now on.

1 Like
64FordF100 - 
MrSmokalotapotamus - 
64FordF100 -

She was a pro.

I will never in my life offer help to another stranger.  I will only help people I know from now on.

Shit man I got the same requests from a buddy of mine. My fault for being a nice guy and helping a friend out whose mom just died. I gave him a boatload after his trailer got destroyed in the Iowa wind storm. His chick then messages me asking for 300 to bail him out of jail. I called the jail and they never heard of him. That fucking bitch.